Design and Implementation of Live Commentary System in Soccer Simulation Environment
Soccer simulation commentary system is a suitable test bed for exploring real time systems. The rapidly changing simulation environment requires that the system generates real time comments based on the information received from the Soccer Server. In this article, a three-layer architecture of Caspian Soccer Commentary system is presented, and each component of the system is briefly described. The emphasis of this paper is on design and implementation of the Analyzer and the Content Selector subsystems. The Analyzer takes advantage of the State Machine to keep track of the game situations. The Scheduling and Interruption mechanism is proposed to improve the efficiency of the Content Selector subsystem. The presented Commentary System together with the other Caspian presentation and analysis tools won the first place in RoboCup 2003 Game Presentation and Match Analysis competitions.
KeywordsState Machine Interruption Mechanism Game State Sound Manager Natural Language Generation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kitano, H., Asada, M., Kuniyoshi, Y., Noda, I., Osawa, E., Matsubara, H.: RoboCup: A Challenge Problem For AI. AI Magazine 1, 73–85 (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Noda, I., Matsubara, H.: Soccer Server and Researchers on Multi-Agent Systems. In: Proceedings of IROS 1996 Workshop on RoboCup, pp. 1–7 (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Cheng, M., et al.: Soccer Server Manual version 7.07 (August 2002), http://sserver.sf.net
- 5.Binsted, K.: Character Design for Soccer Commentary. In: Paper presented at Second RoboCup Workshop, Paris, France (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Tanaka-Ishii, K., Hasida, K., Noda, I.: Reactive Content Selection in the Generation of Real Time Soccer Commentary. In: Paper presented at COLING 1998, Montreal, Canada (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Tanaka-Ishii, K., Noda, I., Frank, I., Nakashima, H., Hasida, K., Matsubara, H.: MIKE: An Automatic Commentary System for Soccer. In: Paper presented at the 1998 international Conference on Multi-agent Systems, Paris, France (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Andre, E., Binsted, K., Tanaka-Ishii, K., Luke, S., Rist, T.: Three RoboCup Simulation League Commentator Systems. AI Magazine, pp. 57–66 (Spring 2000)Google Scholar