An EJB-Based Platform for Policy-Based QoS Management of DiffServ Enabled Next Generation Networks
Unlike IntServ where resource reservation and admission control is per-flow based using RSVP, DiffServ supports aggregated traffic classes to provide various QoS to different classes of traffics. However, it is possible to lead to serious QoS violations without a QoS management support. Therefore, a QoS management system that can manage differentiated QoS provisioning is required. This paper proposes and implements a policy-based QoS management platform for differentiated services networks, which specifies QoS policies to guarantee dynamic QoS requirements. High-level QoS policies are represented as valid XML documents and are mapped into EJB beans of the EJB-based policy server of the platform. The policy distribution and the QoS monitoring are processed using SNMP.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Blake, S., Black, D., Carlson, M., Davies, E., Wang, Z., Weiss, W.: Architecture for Differentiated Services. IETF RFC 2475 (December 1998)Google Scholar
- 2.Lymberopoulos, L., Lupu, E., Sloman, M.: An Adaptive Policy Based Management Framework for Differentiated Services Networks. In: IEEE Third International Workshop on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks, Monterey, California, June 5-7 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Sun Microsystems, Inc.: Telecom Network Management With Enterprise JavaBeansTM Technology, Technical White Paper (May 2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Differentiated Services on Linux, http://diffserv.sourceforge.net
- 6.Postech DiffServ MiB Implementation, http://dpnm.postech.ac.kr/research/01/ipqos/dsmib/
- 7.Cha, H., Ahn, B., Cho, K.: A QoS-providing multicast network management system. Computer Communications 24 (2001)Google Scholar