Grid Accounting Information Gathering System with Access Control
Grid computing represents the fundamental computing shift from a localized resource computing model to a fully-distributed virtual organization with shared resources. Accounting is one of the main obstacles to widespread adoption of the Grid. Accounting has until recently, been a sparsely-addressed problem, particularly in practice. In this paper, we design and implement the accounting information gathering system. Implemented system is based on OGSA, following GSAX framework of RUS-WG in GGF. To provide end-to-end user identity of accounting information, we use a Grid access control system, called PGAM. And the schema of accounting information is following Usage Record Fields of UR-WG in GGF. Also, the accounting information monitoring tool for system management in the Grid environment is implemented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Tuecke, S. (eds.): Q.25, The Anatomy of the Grid:Enabling Scable Virtual Organizations. Intl. J. Supercomputer Google Scholar
- 2.Global Grid Forum, http://www.ggf.org
- 3.The Globus Alliance, http://www.globus.org
- 4.Beardsmore, A., et al.: "GSAX(Grid Service Accounting Extensions)" (draft), GGF6 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Mullen, S., et al.: "Grid Authentication, Authorization and Accounting Requirements Research Document" (draf), GGF8 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Kim., B.K., et al.: Implementation of Access Control System for Site Autonomy in Grid Environment. In: Proceedings of The 30th KISS Fall Conference, KISS (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.The DataGrid Project, http://eu-datagrid.web.cern.ch/eu-datagrid
- 8.Hacker, T.J., Athey, B.D.: Account Allocations on the Grid. Center for Parallel Computing University of Michigan (2000)Google Scholar