Asymptotic Conditional Probabilities for Conjunctive Queries
We study the asymptotic probabilities of conjunctive queries on random graphs.We consider a probabilistic model where the expected graph size remains constant independent of the number of vertices. While it has been known that a convergence law holds for conjunctive queries under this model, we focus on the calculation of conditional probabilities. This has direct applications to database problems like query-view security, i.e. evaluating the probability of a sensitive query given the knowledge of a set of published views. We prove that a convergence law holds for conditional probabilities of conjunctive queries and we give a procedure for calculating the conditional probabilities.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dalvi, N., Suciu, D.: Efficient query evaluation on probabilistic databases. In: Conference on Very Large Data Bases (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Glebskiĭ, Y.V., Kogan, D.I., Liogon’kiĭ, M.I., Talanov, V.A.: Range and degree of realizability of formulas in the restricted predicate calculus. Kibernetika 2, 17–28 (1969); Engl. Transl. Cybernetics 5, 142–154 (1972)Google Scholar
- 8.Liogon’kiĭ, M.I.: On the conditional satisfyability ratio of logical formulas. Mathematical Notes of the Academy of the USSR 6, 856–861 (1969)Google Scholar
- 10.Miklau, G., Suciu, D.: A formal analysis of information disclosure in data exchange. In: ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, pp. 563–574 (June 2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Shannon, C.E.: Communication theory of secrecy systems. Bell System Technical Journal (1949)Google Scholar
- 12.Spencer, J., Shelah, S.: Zero-one laws for sparse random graphs. J. Amer. Math. Soc., 97–115 (1988)Google Scholar