Robust Watermarking for Copyright Protection of 3D Polygonal Model
We describe a robust watermarking technique for proving ownership claims on 3D polygonal models. To make the proposed technique robust against a variety of attacks, a wavelet-based multiresolution analysis is used for a polygonal mesh model. First, we generate the simple mesh model and wavelet coefficient vectors by applying a multiresolution analysis to a given mesh model. Then watermark embedding is processed by perturbing the vertex of a chosen triangle mesh at a low resolution according to the order of norms of wavelet coefficient vectors using a look-up table. The watermark extraction procedure is to take the binary digits from the embedded triangle mesh using a look-up table and the similarity test between the embedded watermark and the extracted one is followed. The experimental results show that the proposed method is resistant to affine transformation such as scaling, translation and rotation of a 3D mesh model, as well as noise attacks.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ohbuchi, R., Masuda, H., Aono, M.: Watermarking Three Dimensional Polygonal Models. In: Proceedings of ACM Multimedia, Seattle, USA, pp. 261–272 (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Benedens, O.: Watermarking of 3D polygonal based models with robustness against mesh simplication. In: Proceedings of SPIE: Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents, San Jose, USA, pp. 329–340 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Yeo, B.L., Yeung, M.M.: Watermarking 3-D Objects for Verification. IEEE Computer Graphics and Application 19, 36–45 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Praun, E., Hoppe, H., Frankelstein, A.: Robust Mesh Watermarking. In: Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 1999, LA, USA, pp. 49–56 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Kanai, S., Date, H., Kishinami, T.: Digital Watermarking for 3D polygons using Multiresolution Wavelet Decomposition. In: Proceedings of Sixth IFIP WG 5.2 GEO- 6, pp. 296–307 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Kohei, M., Kokichi, S.: Watermarking 3D Polygonal Meshes Using the Singular Spectrum Analysis. In: Mathematics of Surfaces: 10th IMA International Conference, Leeds, UK, pp. 85–98 (2003)Google Scholar