Data Reduction in Human Vision System
For the effective realization of the artificial visual systems, it needs the research for the mechanism of the human visual system. In the research for retinal mechanism, we purpose the analysis of the signal transfer processing in the retina and making the retina model. A model for the characteristics of ganglion cells in the retina is proposed after considering the structure of the retina that compressed the information. The results of this study show that the recognition rate of the mechanism, processes input information, was not much different from of the machine vision model.
KeywordsGanglion Cell Recognition Rate Input Pattern Human Visual System Visual Information Processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brain Science Research Center: Research on Artificial Audiovisual System based on the Brain Information Processing. Research Paper by The Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology. Department of Science Technology (2001) Google Scholar
- 2.Shah, S., Levine, M.D.: Information Processing in Primate Retinal Cone Pathways: A Model. TR-CIM-93-18. McGill University, Centre for Intelligent Machines (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.Diamantaras, K.I., Kung, S.Y.: Principal Component Neural Networks. Theory and Applications. Wiley, NY (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Zurada, J. M.: Introduction to Artificial Neural Systems. PWS Publishing Company, Boston (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Burrus, C.S., Gopinath, R.A., Guo, H.: Introduction to Wavelets and Wavelet Transforms. Prentice hall, Englewood Cliffs (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital image processing, 2nd edn. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2001)Google Scholar