Self-organizing Relationship (SOR) Network with Fuzzy Inference Based Evaluation and Its Application to Trailer-Truck Back-Up Control
In this paper, the self-organizing relationship (SOR) network with fuzzy inference based evaluation is proposed. The SOR network can extract a desired I/O relationship using I/O vector pairs and their evaluations. The evaluations can be given by a user or calculated by the evaluation function. However, in many applications, it is difficult to calculate the evaluation using simple functions. It is effective to employ fuzzy inference for evaluating the I/O vector pairs. The proposed system is applied to design the trailer-truck back-up controller, and experimental result is easily realized with some fundamental fuzzy if-then rules.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kohonen, T.: Self-organizing maps. Springer, Heidelberg (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Tokutaka, H., Fujimura, K., Iwamoto, K., Kishida, S., Yoshihara, K.: Application of Self-Organizing Maps to a Chemical Analysis. In: Proc. of Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Information Processing, vol. 2, pp. 1318–1321 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Yamakawa, T., Horio, K.: Self-organizing relationship (SOR) network. IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals E82-A, 1674–1678 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Horio, K., Yamakawa, T.: Adaptive Self-Organizing Relationship Network and Its Application to Adaptive Control. In: Proc. of the 6th Int. Conf. on SoftComputing and Information/Intelligent Systems (IIZUKA 2000), pp. 299–304 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Nguyen, D., Widrow, B.: The truck backer-upper: an example of self-learning in neural nerwork. In: Proc. of IJCNN 1989, pp. 357–363 (1989)Google Scholar
- 10.Mizumoto, M.: Fuzzy controls by product-sum-gravity method. Advancement of Fuzzy Theory and Systems in China and Japan, International Academic Publishers, c1.1-c.1.4 (1990)Google Scholar