Investigating the Use of an Agent-Based Multi-classifier System for Classification Tasks
This paper proposes NeurAge, an agent-based multi-classifier system for classification tasks. This system is composed of several neural classifiers (called neural agents) and its main aim is to overcome some drawbacks of multi-classifier systems and, as a consequence, to improve performance of such systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bezerra, V., Canuto, A., Campos, A.: A Multi-agent System for Extracting Knowledge in Image Databases. To appear in 8th Brazilian Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks (SBRN) (October 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Breiman, L.: Combining Predictors. In: Sharkey, A.J.C. (ed.) Combining Artificial Neural Nets: Ensemble and Modular Multi-net Systems, pp. 31–49. Spring-Verlag (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Canuto, A.: Combining neural networks and fuzzy logic for applications in character recognition. PhD thesis, University of Kent (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Haykin, S.: Neural Networks. In: A Comprehensive Foundation. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Osborne, M.: An Introduction to Game Theory. Oxford University Press, Oxford (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Sharkey, A.: Multi-net System. In: Sharkey, A.J.C. (ed.) Em Combining Artificial Neural Nets: Ensemble and Modular Multi-net Systems, pp. 1–30. Spring-Verlag (1999)Google Scholar