A Component Retrieval Method Based on Facet-Weight Self-learning
Component-based development method has been a new software development paradigm. How to get the needed components quickly and accurately is one of the basic problems about reusing software component automatically. In this paper, an intelligent component retrieval model – FWRM. is proposed. Facet presentation is used to model query and component. Multiple types of facets are defined which extends traditional keyword-based facet presentation. Genetic algorithm based facet weight self-learning algorithm can change the facet weight dynamically in order to improve retrieval accuracy. Corresponding similarity functions are defined also. In addition, risk minimization-based component sampling method is used to solve the insufficiency of training data. All these algorithms and methods are integrated into FWRM’s three main implementation parts: Facet-Weight Optimize System, Component Retrieve System and Resource. The experimental results prove that this method is feasible and can improve component retrieval effectively.
KeywordsSoftware Component Retrieval Model Plain Text Component Library Facet Classification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brown, A.W.: Large-scale component-based Development, Upper Saddle River, NJ. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Herzum, P., Sims, O.: Business Component Factory: A Comprehensive Overview of Component-Based Development for the Enterprise. John Wiley, New York (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Mili, H., Valtchev, P., Di-Sciullo, A., Gabrini, P.: Automating the Indexing and Retrieval of Reusable Software Components. In: Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop NLDB 2001, Madrid, Spain, June 28-29, pp. 75–86 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Roy, N., McCallum, A.: Toward Optimal Active Learning through Sampling Estimation of Error Reduction. In: Proceedings of the Eighteenth International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 441–448 (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhai, C.X.: Risk minimization and language modeling in text retrieval. Phd dissertation. School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Prieto-Diaz, R.: Implementing Faceted Classification for software reust. Communication of ACM 35(5), 89–97 (1991)Google Scholar
- 13.Yong, W.Y.Z., Hongmin, B., Sanyuan, Z., Leqiu, Q.: Retrieving Components based on Faceted Classification. Journal of Software 13(8), 1546–1551 (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.Sorumgard, L.S., Sindre, G., Slokke, F.: Experiences from application of a faceted classification scheme. In: Proceedings of the 2nd international conference on software reuse, pp. 24–26. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (1993)Google Scholar
- 15.Zhiyuan, W.: Component based software engineering. Phd dissertation, Depart of Computer and Information Science. New Jersey Institute of Technology (2000)Google Scholar
- 16.Liang, M., Jiasu, S.: Component Retrieval Based on Specification Matching. Mini-Micro System 23(10), 1153–1157Google Scholar
- 18.Paolucci, M., Kawamura, T., Payne, T.R., Sycara, K.: Semantic matching of Web services capabilities, pp. 333–347. Springer, Berlin (2002)Google Scholar