Supervised Pattern Recognition with Heterogeneous Features
In this paper, we address the supervised pattern recognition problem with heterogeneous features, where the mathematical model is based on construction of thresholds. Non-Reducible Descriptors (NRDs) for fuzzy features are obtained through the use of a threshold value, which is calculated based on the distance between patterns. For solving the problem with real features the mathematical model for construction of thresholds is based on parallel feature partitioning. Boolean formulas are used to represent NRDs.
KeywordsDissimilarity Matrix Boolean Formula Real Feature Binary Feature Heterogeneous Feature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Güvenir, H.A., Sirin, I.: Classification by feature partitioning. Machine Learning 23, 47–67 (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Aha, D.W., Kibler, D., Albert, M.K.: Instance-based learning algorithms. Machine Learning 6, 66–77 (1991)Google Scholar
- 4.Salzberg, S.: A nearest hyperrectangle method. Machine Learning 6, 251–276 (1991)Google Scholar
- 5.Quinlan, J.R.: Induction of decision trees. Machine Learning 1, 81–106 (1986)Google Scholar
- 6.Valev, V., Radeva, P.: A Method of solving pattern or image recognition problem by learning Boolean formulas. In: Proceedings of 11th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Hague, Netherlands, August 30-3 September, vol. II, pp. 359–362. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (1992)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Valev, V., Asaithambi, A.: Fuzzy non-reducible descriptors. International Journal on Machine GRAPHICS & VISION 12(3), 353–361 (2003)Google Scholar