A Web-Based Examination System in the Context of Bangladesh
Bangladesh is standing at the threshold of IT explosion. IT has been the primary driving force for mass education evaluation in the western world. The education sector of Bangladesh is gradually entering into the IT arena. The World Wide Web (WWW) can play a vital role in distance education evaluation in Bangladesh where almost every schools & colleges have computers now. This paper presents a Web-Based Public Examination System (WBPES) which is based on client-server network. This exam system automatically carries out multiple-choice type examinations and processes the result. The presentation layer of this software system has developed using ASP (Active Server Pages) technology.
KeywordsWeb-based examination Apache HTML Oracle N-Tier model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.WebCT, “Web Courses Tolls”, http://www.webCT.com
- 2.Jackson, D., Usher, M.: Grading student programs using ASSYST. In: Proceedings of the 28th SIGCSE Technical Symposium, pp. 335–339 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Stina, B., Michael, T., Stephen, G., Roberto, T.: PILOT: An Interactive Tool for Learning and Grading. SIGCSEB: SIGCSE Bulletin (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhenming, Y., Liang, Z., Guohua, Z.: A novel web-based online examination system for computer science education. In: 33rd ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, Boulder, Co. (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Morneau, K., Datistick, J.: Active Server PagesGoogle Scholar
- 7.Mitchell, S., Apainson, G.: Sams Teach Yourself Active Server Pages 3. In: 21 DaysGoogle Scholar
- 8.Lonely, K.: Oracle 8i The Complete Reference. Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited, New Delhi (2000)Google Scholar