A Robust Rule-Based Event Management Architecture for Call-Data Records
Rules provide a flexible method of recognizing events and event patterns through the matching of CDR data fields. The first step in automatic CDR filtering is to identify the data fields that comprise the CDR format. In the particular case of the Nortel Meridian One PABX, five different call data types can be identified that are critical for call reporting. The architecture we have proposed will allow for line activity analysis while continuously publishing action choices in real-time. For performance evaluation of serial-line CDR data communications, an approximation to the CDR record loss rate at different simulated call traffic intensities was calculated. Here, the arrival process represents the arrival of newly generated CDR to the output buffer and the service process represents the process of transmitting the CDR over the serial connection. We calculate the CDR loss rate at different arrival intensities and observed that the CDR loss rate is negligible when the CDR arrival rate is less than 4 CDR per second.
KeywordsRule-based system CDR loss rate event filtering and correlation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.TelSoft Solutions for Call Accounting (verified on January 15, 2004), http://telsoftsolutions.com/callaccount.html
- 2.Nguyen, A.T., Zhang, J.B., Tay, J.C.: Intelligent management of manufacturing event & alarms. Technical report, School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (January 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Reference for Nortel Meridian 1 PBX/Meridian Link Services (verified on January 15, 2004), http://callpath.genesyslab.com/docs63/html/nortsl1/brsl1m02.htm#ToC
- 4.Nortel Networks. CDR Description and Formats. Document Number: 553-2631-100 Document Release: Standard 9.00 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Nikbakht, E., Tafti, M.H.A.: Application of Expert Systems in evaluation of credit card borrowers. Managerial Finance 15(5), 19–27 (1989)Google Scholar
- 6.Peter, B., John, S., Yves, M., Bart, P., Christof, S., Chris, C.: Fraud Detection and Management in Mobile Telecommunications Networks. In: Proceedings of the European Conference on Security and Detection ECOS 1997, April 28-30, pp. 91–96 (1997), ESAT-SISTA TR97-41Google Scholar
- 7.Java Expert System Shell or JESS, website at: http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov/jess/