Intelligent Pressure-Based Typing Biometrics System
The design and development of a real-time enhanced password security system, based on the analysis of habitual typing rhythms of individuals, is discussed in this paper. The paper examines the use of force exerted on the keyboard and time latency between keystrokes to create typing patterns for individual users. Pressure signals which are taken from the sensors underneath the keypad are extracted accordingly. These are then used to recognize authentic users and reject imposters. An experimental setup has been developed to capture the pressure signal information of the users’ typing rhythm. Neuro-fuzzy system is employed as the classifier to measure the user’s typing pattern using the Adaptive Neural Fuzzy Inference System toolbox (ANFIS) in MATLAB.
KeywordsFuzzy Inference System Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System Biometric System Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System Password Authentication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wong, F.M.H., Ainil Sufreena, M.S., Faris, A., Lai, W.K., Ong, C.S.: Enhanced User Authentication Through Typing Biometrics with Artificial Neural Network and K-Nearest Neighbor Algorithm. In: Proc. 35th Asilomar Conference on Systems, Signal and Computers, California USA, pp. 1–3 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Yong, Z., Tan, T., Wang, Y.H.: Biometric Personal Identification Based on Iris Patterns. National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition, Beijing (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Kwan, H.K., Cai, Y.: A Fuzzy Neural Network and its Application to Pattern Recognition. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems 2(3) (August 1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Garzon, M.H., Ankaraju, P., Evan, D., Kozma, R.: Neurofuzzy Recognition and Generation of Facial Features in Talking Heads. Computer Science, MemphisGoogle Scholar
- 7.Jang, J.S., Gulley, N.: Fuzzy Logic Toolbox for use with MATLAB. In: The Mathworks, INC., Natick, MA (1995)Google Scholar
- 9.Chin, T.L., Lee George, C.S.: A Neuro-Fuzzy Synergism to Intelligent Systems, pp. 661–670. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1995)Google Scholar
- 10.Lefteri, H.T., Robert, E.U.: Fuzzy and Neural Approaches in Engineering, p. 471. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Chichester (1997)Google Scholar
- 11.Bezdek, J.C., Pal, S.K. (eds.): Fuzzy Models for Pattern Recognition. IEEE Press, Piscataway (1992)Google Scholar
- 12.Kandel, A.: Fuzzy Techniquess in Pattern Recognition. Wiley, New York (1982)Google Scholar
- 13.Yamakawa, T., Tomoda, S.: A Fuzzy Neuron and its Application to Pattern Recognition. In: Proc. Third Int. Fuzzy System Associat. Congress Japan, pp. 30–38 (1989)Google Scholar