A Checker for Modal Formulae for Processes with Data
We present a new technique for the automatic verification of first order modal μ-calculus formulae on infinite state, data-dependent processes. The use of boolean equation systems for solving the model-checking problem in the finite case is well-studied. We extend this technique to infinite state and data-dependent processes. We describe a transformation of the model checking problem to the problem of solving equation systems, and present a semi-decision procedure to solve these equation systems and discuss the capabilities of a prototype implementing our procedure. This prototype has been successfully applied to many systems. We report on its functioning for the Bakery Protocol.
KeywordsModel Checking μCRL First Order Modal μ-Calculus First Order Boolean Equation Systems Data-Dependent Systems Infinite State Systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 14.Groote, J.F., Willemse, T.A.C.: A checker for modal formulas for processes with data. Technical Report CSR 02-16, Eindhoven University of Technology, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (2002)Google Scholar
- 15.Groote, J.F., Willemse, T.A.C.: Parameterised Boolean Equation Systems. Technical Report CSR 04-09, Eindhoven University of Technology, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, 2004. An extended abstract is to appear in CONCUR 2004, LNCS, Springer-Verlag (2004)Google Scholar
- 17.Luttik, S.P.: Choice quantification in process algebra. PhD thesis, University of Amsterdam (April 2002)Google Scholar
- 18.Mader, A.: Verification of Modal Properties Using Boolean Equation Systems. PhD thesis, Technical University of Munich (1997)Google Scholar
- 19.Mateescu, R., Sighireanu, M.: Efficient on-the-fly model-checking for regular alternation-free mu-calculus. In: Gnesi, S., Schieferdecker, I., Rennoch, A. (eds.) FMICS 2000, pp. 65–86 (2000)Google Scholar
- 21.Raynal, M.: Algorithms for Mutual Exclusion. North Oxford Academic (1986)Google Scholar
- 23.Usenko, Y.S.: Linearization in μCRL. PhD thesis, Eindhoven University of Technology (December 2002)Google Scholar
- 24.Willemse, T.A.C.: Semantics and Verification in Process Algebras with Data and Timing. PhD thesis, Eindhoven University of Technology (February 2003)Google Scholar