Web Service Based Architecture for Workflow Management Systems
With limitations in nature, current workflow management systems are insufficient to meet the arising requirements from the evolving e-Business applications such as global running, process m igration, interorganisational cooperation etc. For this reason, this paper proposes a new architecture for workflow management systems, with an emphasis on supporting interorganisational interoperability, flexibility, reliability and scalability, based o n the Web service technology. With provision of a novel agreement management service and an enhanced definition template library, this architecture offers full support to business process collaborations among participating organisations, including both the horizontal and vertical partitioning schemes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.van der Aalst, W.M.P.: Process-oriented Architecture for Electronic Commerce and Interoganizational Workflow. Information Systems 24(8) (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Workflow Management Coalition. The Workflow Reference Model, [WfMC1003] WFMC TC00-1003 (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Lazcano, A., Schuldt, H., Alonso, G., Schek, H.J.: WISE: Process based E-Commerce. IEEE Data Eng. Bull. 24(1), 46–51 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Object Management Group, Workflow Management Facility, Joint Revised Submission, OMG Document bom/98-06-07 (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.CrossFlow, http://www.crossflow.org/
- 7.RosettaNet, http://www.rosettanet.org/rosettanet/
- 8.W3C. Web Services, http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/
- 11.Andrews, T., et al.: Business Process Execution Language for Web Services (BPEL4WS) 1.1, http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-bpel
- 12.Cabrera, F., et al.: Web Services Transaction (WS-Transaction), http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-transpec/
- 13.Cabrera, F., et al.: Web Services Coordination (WS-Coordination), http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-coor/
- 14.W3C. Web Services Description Language (WSDL) 1.1, http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl
- 15.Zhang, L. (ed.): Proceedings of ICWS 2003, Las Vegas, USA (2003)Google Scholar