A Paraconsistent Approach for Offer Evaluation in Negotiations
The mission of an organization stands for its goals and also leads corrections likely to occur in the posture adopted by the organization before the society. In order to fulfill the goals of the organization, this one needs to interact with other components of the society. Within an organization each individual responsible for the sale and purchase of either commodities or services detains knowledge concerning possible values of the criteria used to represent a determined commodity or service which may be either offered or accepted in a negotiation. So, an offer may be seen as an inconsistency aroused between the previous knowledge owned by the negotiator and the offer. This article presents a Paraconsistent Approach based on a heuristic of multi-value decrement followed by formalization into Evidential Paraconsistent Logic to assess offers in a negotiation session. When compared to the Utility Value Approach, the paraconsistent one converges toward the negotiation ending with fewer interactions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Racine, K., Yang, Q.: On the consistency management of large case bases: the case for validation. In: Verification and Validation Workshop 1996 (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.da Costa, N.C.A.e.a.: Lógica Paraconsistente Aplicada. Atlas, São Paulo (1999) Google Scholar
- 3.Subrahmanian, V.S.: Towards a theory of evidential reasoning in logic programming. In: Logic Colloquium 1987, Spain, The European Summer Meeting of the Association for Symbolic Logic (1987)Google Scholar
- 4.Shmeil, M.A.H.: Sistemas Multiagente na Modelação da Estrutura e Relações de Contratação de Organizações. PhD thesis, Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto, Porto (1999) Google Scholar
- 5.Samuelson, P.A., Nordhaus, W.D.: Economia. McGraw-Hill de Portugal Lda, Portugal (1990)Google Scholar
- 6.da Costa, N.C.A., Prado, J.P.A., Abe, J.M., Ávila, B.C., Rillo, M.: Paralog: Um prolog paraconsistente baseado em lógica anotada. In: Coleção Documentos. Number 18 in Série: Lógica e Teoria da Ciência. Instituto de Estudos Avançados, Universidade de Sáo Paulo (1995) Google Scholar
- 7.Ávila, B., Abe, J., Prado, J.: Paralog e: A paraconsistent evidential logic programming language. In: XVII International Conference of the Chilean Computer Science Society, Chile, IEEE Computer Science Society Press, Los Alamitos (1997)Google Scholar