Architecture Exploration for 3G Telephony Applications Using a Hardware–Software Prototyping Platform
Third generation mobile telephony applications require very efficient architectures, often implemented as a System on a Chip (SoC). Designing such architectures from the specification of the application requires fast prototyping techniques based on models of computation as well as efficient prototyping platforms. We consider here the implementation of a wcdma uplink emitter and receiver on a Lyrtech hardware–software platform including a dsp and a fpga. We explain how the application can be explored using MatLab, Simulink, a dsp model, and the MmAlfa environment for high-level synthesis. The first results and conclusions of this exploration are presented and discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Distributed Arithmetic, F.I.R.: Filter, V7.0. Product Specification, Xilinx, Inc (March 2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Dahmane, O., Massicotte, D.: Wideband CDMA Receivers for 3G Wireless Communications: Algorithm and Implementation Study. IASTED Wireless and Optical Communiaction ,July 17-19 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Fraboulet, A., Risset, T., Scherrer, A.: Fast and Accurate Hardware–Software Prototyping with Soclib & MMalpha. In: Samos IV, Samos, Greece (July 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.E. Lee and D. Messerchmitt. Synchronous Data Flow. Proceedings of the IEEE, 75(9), Sept. 1987. Google Scholar
- 7.Menard, D., Guitton, M., Pillement, S., Sentieys, O.: Design and Implementation of WCDMA Platforms: Challenges and Trade-offs. In: International Signal Processing Conference (ISPC 2003), Dallas, US (April 2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Mozipo, A., Massicotte, D., Quinton, P., Risset, T.: A Parallel Architecture for Adaptative Channel Equalization Based On Kalman Filter Using MMAlpha. In: 1999 IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical & Computer Engineering, May 1999, pp. 554–559 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Quinton, P., Robert, Y.: Systolic Algorithms and Architectures. and Masson. Prentice Hall and Masson (1989)Google Scholar