Study of separated flows over double wedges and cones
This paper reports results of flow diagnostics over a double wedge or cone at a stagnation enthalpy 4.8 MJ/kg. The experiment was carried out in a free piston shock tunnel at Interdisciplinary Shock Wave Research Center (ISWRC) at a nominal Mach number of 6.99. Schlieren and double exposure holographic interferometry were applied to visualize the flow fields. The flow fields induced separation over double wedge or cone were successfully visualized.
KeywordsSeparation Zone Wedge Angle Oblique Shock Double Cone Shock Interaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Edney: Anomalous heat transfer and pressure distributions on blunt bodies at hypersonic speeds in the presence of an impinging shock. FFA Rep. 115 (1968)Google Scholar
- 2.J. Olejniczak: Computational and Experimental Study of Nonequilibrium Chemistry in Hypersonic Flows. Ph. D. Thesis, University of Minnesota (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.K. Koremoto: Optimization of the Characteristics of a Free Piston Shock Tunnel. PhD Thesis, Tohoku University, (in Japanese) (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.T. Hashimoto: Analytical and Experimental Study of Hypersonic Nozzle Flows in Free Piston Shock Tunnel. PhD Thesis, Tohoku University (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.J.A. Lordi, R.E. Mates, J.R. Moselle: Computer program for the numerical solution of nonequilibrium expansions of reacting gas mixtures. NASA CR-472 (1959)Google Scholar