Ciphers Secure against Related-Key Attacks
In a related-key attack, the adversary is allowed to transform the secret key and request encryptions of plaintexts under the transformed key. This paper studies the security of PRF- and PRP-constructions against related-key attacks.
For adversaries who can only transform a part of the key, we propose a construction and prove its security, assuming a conventionally secure block cipher is given. By the terms of concrete security, this is an improvement over a recent result by Bellare and Kohno . Further, based on some technical observations, we present two novel constructions for related-key secure PRFs, and we prove their security under number-theoretical infeasibility assumptions.
Keywordsrelated-key attacks provable security pseudorandom functions block ciphers concrete security
- 2.Bellare, M., Kohno, T.: A theoretical treatment of related-key attacks: RKA-PRPs RKAPRFs and applications. March 18, Full version of , http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/users/tkohno/papers/RKA/ (URL checked: January 14 (2003)
- 3.Biham, E.: New types of cryptanalytic attacks using related keys. In: Helleseth, T. (ed.) EUROCRYPT 1993. LNCS, vol. 765, pp. 398–409. Springer, Heidelberg (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Daemen, J., Rijmen, V.: AES proposal: RijndaelGoogle Scholar
- 6.Dworkin, M.: DRAFT Recommendation for block cipher modes of operation: the RMAC authentication mode. NIST Special Publication 800-38b, October 18 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Kelsey, J., Schneier, B., Wagner, D.: Key-schedule cryptanalysis of IDEA, G-DES, GOST, SAFER, and Triple-DES. In: Koblitz, N. (ed.) CRYPTO 1996. LNCS, vol. 1109, pp. 237–251. Springer, Heidelberg (1996)Google Scholar
- 11.Knudsen, L.: Cryptanalysis of LOKI91. In: Zheng, Y., Seberry, J. (eds.) AUSCRYPT 1992. LNCS, vol. 718, pp. 196–208. Springer, Heidelberg (1992)Google Scholar
- 15.Pointcheval, D.: New public key cryptosystems based on the dependent-RSA problems. In: Stern, J. (ed.) EUROCRYPT 1999. LNCS, vol. 1592, pp. 239–254. Springer, Heidelberg (1999)Google Scholar