A Study on Generating an Efficient Bottom-up Tree Rewrite Machine for JBurg
In this paper, we propose a method of generating an efficient bottom-up tree rewrite machine for JBurg. JBurg is a Bottom-Up Rewrite Machine Generator for Java. Our method can be derived from some relations over tree patterns. The proposed scheme is more efficient than JBurg because we can avoid unfruitful tests with the smaller size of the scheme. Furthermore, the relevant analyses needed for this proposal are largely achieved at compile-compile time, which secures actual efficiency at compilation time.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Harword, T.: Announce: Jburg, a java-based burg. (July 2002), http://compilers.iecc.com
- 2.Hoffmann, C.M., O’Donnell, M.J.: Pattern matching in trees. ACM Journal 1 (1982)Google Scholar
- 3.Fraser, D.R.H.C.W., Proebsting, T.A.: Engineering a simple, efficient code generator generator. ACM TOPLAS 6 (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Gough, K.J.: Bottom-up tree rewriting tool mburg. ACM SIGPLAN Notices 1 (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Fraser, C.W., Hanson, D.R., Retargetable, A.: C Compiler: Design and Implementation. The Benjamin/Cummings (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Comer, D., Sethi, R.: The complexity of trie index construction. ACM Journal 24 (July 1977)Google Scholar
- 7.Kang, K.-W., Choe, K.-M.: On the automatic generation of instruction selector using bottom-up tree pattern matching. Technical Report, no. CS-TR-95-93 (1995)Google Scholar