The CrossGrid Architecture: Applications, Tools, and Grid Services
This paper describes the current status of the CrossGrid Project architecture. The architecture is divided into six layers. The relations between main components are presented in UML notation. A flexible concept of plugins that enable creation of uniform user-friendly interface is shown. A brief discussion of OGSA technology and its possible application to CrossGrid services is given as an interesting area of future work.
KeywordsGrid architecture services interactive applications
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bubak, M., Marco, J., Marten, H., Meyer, N., Noga, N., Sloot, P.M.A., Turała, M.: CrossGrid - Development of Grid Environment for Interactive. In: Presented at PIONIER 2002, Proceeding, Poznan, April 23-24, pp. 97–112 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.CrossGrid - Development of Grid Environment for Interactive Applications. Annex 1 - description of Work, http://www.eu-crossgrid.org
- 6.CrossGrid Project: Deliverables of M3 and M6 of the project, http://www.eucrossgrid.org
- 7.DataGrid Project, http://www.eu-datagrid.org
- 9.Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Nick, J.M., Tuecke, S.: The Physiology of the Grid. An Open Grid Services Architecture for Distributed Systems Integration (January 2002), http://www.globus.org
- 10.Global Grid Forum, http://www.ggf.org
- 11.High Level Architecture Specification, http://www.sisostds.org/stdsdev/hla/
- 12.Replica Location Service, http://grid-data-management.web.cern.ch/grid-datamanagement/replica-location-service/RLS.html
- 13.CrossGrid Software Repository, http://gridportal.fzk.de