An Automatic Security Evaluation System for IPv6 Network
IP version 6 is a new version of the Internet Protocol, designed as the successor to IP version 4(IPv4). IPv6 is now a deployment phase. For Security of IPv6 network, IPsec(IP Security) is designed by IPsec Working Group of IETF. IPsec(IP Security) offers not only Internet security service such as Internet secure communication and authentication but also the safe key exchange and anti-replay attack mechanism. Recently, Several Project implement IPv6 IPsec on the various Operating Systems. But there is no existing tool that checks the servers, which provide IPsec services, work properly and provide their network security services well. In this paper, we design and implement an automatic security evaluation system for IPv6 network. This system is operated on Windows and UNIX platform and operated on IPv6 network. We developed the system using Java and C language.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.White Paper, IPv6 to IPv4 is Not Merely 50% More, Ezchip Technologies Google Scholar
- 2.IETF, http://www.ietf.org
- 3.Deering, S., Hinden, R.: Internet Protocol, Version 6(IPv6) Specification, RFC2460 (December 1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Kent, S., Atkinson, R.: Security Architecture for the Internet Protocol, RFC2401 (November 1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Kent, S., Atkinson, R.: IP Authentication Header, RFC2402 (November 1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Kent, S., Atkinson, R.: IP Encapsulating Security Payload, RFC2406 (November 1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Harkins, D., Correl, D.: Internet Key Exchange, RFC2409 (November 1998)Google Scholar
- 8.KAME, http://www.kame.net
- 9.USAGI, http://www.linux-ipv6.org/
- 10.Conta, A., Deering, S.: Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMPv6) for the Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Specification, RFC2463 (December 1998)Google Scholar
- 11.Hinden, R., Deering, S.: IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture, RFC2373 (July 1998)Google Scholar