A Distributed Trust Management Model for the Internet of Things (DTM-IoT)
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a paradigm that facilitates autonomous communications among various IoT devices with minimal human intervention. This raises many security challenges, which are critical and must be addressed to allow for the wide deployment of IoT. Trust must be provisioned among the various heterogeneous IoT devices. In this paper, a distributed trust management model is proposed. The model offers solutions to trust management and negotiations in the IoT. It is inspired by clustering techniques that are adopted in WSNs. After introducing the structural design and the main components of the trust model, we demonstrate how our new approach supports trust negotiations and management in the IoT.
KeywordsInternet of Things (IoT) Trust management Trust platform Security Clustering
- 2.Alshehri, M. D., & Hussain, F. K. (2018). A centralized trust management mechanism for the internet of things (CTM-IoT). In 12th International conference on broad-band wireless computing, communication and applications. BWCCA 2017 (Vol. 12, pp. 533–543). Cham: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-69811-3_48.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Bao, F., & Chen, I.-R. (2012). Dynamic trust management for internet of things applications. In Proceedings of the 2012 International Workshop on Self-aware Internet of Things (pp. 1–6). New York: ACM.Google Scholar
- 6.Bao, F., & Chen, R. (2012). Trust management for the internet of things and its application to service composition. In IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM) (pp. 1–6). Piscataway, NJ: IEEE.Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, C., & Helal, S. A. (2011). Device-centric approach to a safer internet of things. In International workshop on networking and object memories for the internet of things (NOMe-IoT) (pp. 1–6). New York: ACM.Google Scholar
- 14.Jan, M.A., Usman, M., He, X., & Rehman, A.U. (2018). SAMS: A Seamless and Authorized Multimedia Streaming framework for WMSN-based IoMT. IEEE Internet of Things Journal. https://doi.org/10.1109/JIOT.2018.2848284