Probabilistic Linguistic Linear Least Absolute Regression for Fashion Trend Forecasting
Fashion trend is an important aspect in costume designing given that the correct fashion trend prediction can help productions to occupy markets in short time. In the methods of forecast, fuzzy linear least absolute regression is a useful model. Meanwhile, most descriptions about the fashion trend are in nature words which are difficult to be used directly in present models. To deal with this problem, the probabilistic linguistic term set, a powerful tool in expressing and computing nature language, is introduced in this paper. First, operations on probabilistic linguistic term sets are modified to be more logical in the solution procedure of regression. Then a novel model which combines fuzzy linear least absolute regression and probabilistic linguistic term set is developed. Finally, an illustration about the forecast of clothing fashion trend is given to show the applicability of our method in costume designing evaluation.
KeywordsFashion trend forecasting Fuzzy linear least absolute regression Probabilistic linguistic term set Fuzzy-in and fuzzy-out
The work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (71501135, 71771156), and the Scientific Research Foundation for Excellent Young Scholars at Sichuan University (No. 2016SCU04A23).
- 9.Charnes, A., Cooper, W.W., Ferguson, R.: Optional estimation of executive compensation by linear programming. Manage. Sci. 2, 138–151 (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Jiang, S.Y.: Analysis of the importance of fashion trends in clothing design. West. Leather. 67 (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.Han, J.Y.: A preliminary study on fashion trend prediction. The new World Forecast. 4, 56–58 (1991)Google Scholar
- 13.Mello, P., Storari, S., Valli, B.: Application of machine learning techniques for the forecasting of fashion trends. Intelligenza Artificiale. (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Jia, S., Zhu, S.G., Victor, K.: Based on the transformation and upgrading of garment industry in PingHu, a new prediction method of fashion trend is analyzed: an example of female dress profile analysis. Spec. Topic Discuss. 5, 81–88 (2016)Google Scholar
- 15.Liao, H.C., Jiang, L.S., Benjamin L.: Probabilistic linguistic ELECTRE III based on new operations. IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst. Technique ReportGoogle Scholar