The CF+TF-IDF TV-Program Recommendation
This paper first analyzes and discusses the traditional methods used in the TV-program recommendation system. Current studies show that the explicit data methods (user interest preference matrix) used in the real-world datasets does not work well and the precision of implicit data method (collaborative filtering) greatly relies on the data amount of each user. Then, we introduce a new method called CF+TF-IDF, which combines the collaborative filtering and TF-IDF algorithm. In order to analyze users’ preference, we also add k-means++ algorithm in it to cluster the users. The core of the method is to infer users’ preference from their viewing habits and the program type they choose. By using CF+TF-IDF, we build a TV-program recommendation model, aiming at improving users’ viewing experience.
KeywordsTV-program recommendation Collaborative filtering TF-IDF k-means++
- 4.He, L., Zhao, P.: An approach of building user interest perference model for TV viewers. Chin. J. Manag. Sci. 11(24), 43–48 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Resnick, P.H.: Varian (Eds.). Special issue on recommender systems. Commun. ACM 40(3), 56–89 (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Dong, X., Yu. L., Wu, Z., Sun, Y., Yuan, L., Zhang, F.: A hybrid collaborative filtering model with deep structure for recommender systems. In: Proceedings of the Thirty-First AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 1309–1315 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Jia, W., Li, S., Li, X., Liu, B.: Collaborative filtering recommendation algorithm based on discrete quantity and user interests. Approach Degree 1(44), 226–237 (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.Belacel, N., Durand, G., Leger, S., Bouchard, C.: Splitting-merging clustering algorithm for collaborative filtering recommendation system. In: International Conference on Agents & Artificial Intelligence, pp. 165–174 (2018)Google Scholar