Is It Possible to Increase Taxing and Conserve a Good Investment Climate in the Country?
Within investment models, developed by Brusov, Filatova, and Orekhova earlier (Brusov and Filatova, Finance Credit 435:2–8, 2011; Brusov et al., Appl Financ Econ 21:815–824, 2011a, Res J Econ Bus ICT 2:16–21, 2011b, Res J Econ Bus ICT (UK) 2:11–15, 2011c, Appl Financ Econ 22:1043–1052, 2012a, J Rev Global Econ 1:106–111, 2012b, J Rev Global Econ 2:94–116, 2013a, J Rev Global Econ 2:183–193, 2013b, Cogent Econ Finance 2:1–13, 2014a, J Rev Global Econ 3:175–185, 2014b; Filatova et al., Bull FU 48:68–77, 2008; Brusova, Financ Anal Prob Sol 34:36–42, 2011), the influence of tax on profit rate on effectiveness of long-term investment projects at different debt levels is investigated. It is shown that increase of tax on profit rate from one side leads to decrease of project NPV, but from other side, it leads to decrease of sensitivity of NPV with respect to leverage level. At high leverage level L, the influence of tax on profit rate increase on effectiveness of investment projects becomes significantly less. We come to conclusion, that taxing could be differentiated depending on debt level of investment projects of the company: for projects with high debt level L, it is possible, in principle, to apply a higher tax on profit rate.
KeywordsInvestment project Credit market Equity capital Debt level Debt financing
- Brusov P, Filatova T, Orehova N et al (2011b) From Modigliani–Miller to general theory of capital cost and capital structure of the company. Res J Econ Bus ICT 2:16–21Google Scholar
- Brusov P, Filatova T, Orehova N et al (2011c) Influence of debt financing on the effectiveness of the investment project within the Modigliani–Miller theory. Res J Econ Bus ICT (UK) 2:11–15Google Scholar
- Brusov P, Filatova T, Eskindarov M, Orehova N (2012b) Hidden global causes of the global financial crisis. J Rev Global Econ 1:106–111Google Scholar
- Brusov P, Filatova P, Orekhova N (2013a) Absence of an optimal capital structure in the famous tradeoff theory! J Rev Global Econ 2:94–116Google Scholar
- Brusov P, Filatova T, Orehova N (2013b) A qualitatively new effect in corporative finance: abnormal dependence of cost of equity of company on leverage. J Rev Global Econ 2:183–193Google Scholar
- Brusov PN, Filatova ТV (2011) From Modigliani–Miller to general theory of capital cost and capital structure of the company. Finance and Credit 435:2–8Google Scholar
- Brusova A (2011) А comparison of the three methods of estimation of weighted average cost of capital and equity cost of company. Financ Anal Prob Sol 34(76):36–42Google Scholar
- Filatova Т, Orehova N, Brusova А (2008) Weighted average cost of capital in the theory of Modigliani–Miller, modified for a finite lifetime company. Bull FU 48:68–77Google Scholar
- Мodigliani F, Мiller M (1958) The cost of capital, corporate finance, and the theory of investment. Am Econ Rev 48:261–297Google Scholar
- Мodigliani F, Мiller M (1963) Corporate income taxes and the cost of capital: a correction. Am Econ Rev 53:147–175Google Scholar
- Мodigliani F, Мiller M (1966) Some estimates of the cost of capital to the electric utility industry 1954–1957. Am Econ Rev 56:333–391Google Scholar