Implications—An Integrative Framework for IoT Business Model Innovation
This chapter elaborates a holistic Framework for IoT business model innovation. As a synthesis of the implications of the individual studies of this book, theoretical implications for the three research disciplines are outlined, which is followed by implications for practitioners in the field of IoT business model innovation.
KeywordsInternet of Things Innovation Framework Business Model Innovation Business Model IoT
- Amit, R., & Zott, C. (2010). Business model innovation: Creating value in times of change.Google Scholar
- Amit, R., & Zott, C. (2012). Creating value through business model innovation. MIT Sloan Management Review, 53(3), 41–49.Google Scholar
- Bilgeri, D., Brandt, V., Tesch, J., & Weinberger, M. (2015). The IoT business model builder. Available at: http://www.iot-lab.ch/?page_id=10738.
- Casadesus-Masanell, R., & Ricart, J. E. (2007). Competing through business models. IESE Business School, No. D/713, pp. 1–28.Google Scholar
- Eisenmann, T. R. (2001). Internet business models: Texts and cases. Boston, USA: McGraw-Hill Inc.Google Scholar
- Fleisch, E., Weinberger, M., & Wortmann, F. (2014a). Business models and the internet of things. Available at: http://www.iot-lab.ch/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/EN_Bosch-Lab-White-Paper-GM-im-IOT-1_3.pdf.
- Gassmann, O., Frankenberger, K., & Csik, M. (2014). The business model navigator: 55 models that will revolutionise your business. Harlow, UK: Pearson.Google Scholar
- Johnson, M. W., Christensen, C. M., & Kagermann, H. (2008). Reinventing your business model. Harvard Business Review, 86(12), 57–68.Google Scholar
- Osterwalder, A., Pigneur, Y., & Clark, T. (2010). Business model generation: A handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers (1st ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Ries, E. (2011). The lean startup: How constant innovation creates radically successful businesses. London: Portfolio Penguin.Google Scholar