Personalized Landmark Recommendation for Language-Specific Users by Open Data Mining
This paper proposes a personalized landmark recommendation algorithm aiming at exploring new sights into the determinants of landmark satisfaction prediction. We gather 1,219,048 user-generated comments in Tokyo, Shanghai and New York from four travel websites. We find that users have diverse satisfaction on landmarks those findings, we propose an effective algorithm for personalize landmark satisfaction prediction. Our algorithm provides the top-6 landmarks with the highest satisfaction to users for a one-day trip plan our proposed algorithm has better performances than previous studies from the viewpoints of landmark recommendation and landmark satisfaction prediction.
KeywordsUser-generated comment Landmark satisfaction prediction Landmark recommendation
This paper was supported in part by Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (No. 17K19986).
- 5.Ctrip. http://www.ctrip.com
- 6.Jaran. https://www.jaran.jp
- 7.4travel. http://4travel.jp
- 8.TripAdvisor. https://www.tripadvisor.jp
- 9.Lops, P., de Gemmis, M., Semeraro, M.: Basics of content-based recommender systems. In: Ricci, F., Rokach, L., Shapira, B. (eds.) Recommender Systems Handbook, pp. 75–78. Springer, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Darlington, R., Hayes, A.: Nonlinear relationships. In: Little, T. (ed.) Regression Analysis and Linear Models Concepts, Applications, and Implementation, pp. 358–362. Guilford Press, New York (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.de Jong, P.: Time series analysis. In Frees, E., Derrig, R., Meyers, G. (eds.) Predictive Modeling Applications in Actuarial Science: Volume 1, Predictive Modeling Techniques, Applications, and Implementation, pp. 434–436. Cambridge University Press, London (2014)Google Scholar