The Indication in the Potential Fields of Structures Controlling Diamondiferous Magmatism
The general features of spatial distribution of excess density and magnetization along profiles crossing major diamond deposits of Russia, Canada, Australia and the USA are revealed. Geophysical and geological explanation of these regularities is given. Possibility of their application is shown at the prognosis of the various structures controlling kimberlite and lamproite magmatism.
KeywordsGravity and magnetic survey Tomography Structure Kimberlite Diamond deposits
- Alekseev S.G., Voroshilov N.A., Margovich E.G., Kozlov S.A., Shtokalenko M.B. (2010a) Indications of heterogeneous hydrocarbon and ore systems in gravity and magnetic fields. In: Questions of the theory and practice of geological interpretation of gravity, magnetic and electric fields: Proceedings of the 37th session of the International Conference. sci. Seminar named after D.G. Uspensky. Moscow, IPE RAS, pp. 15–20.Google Scholar
- Alekseev S.G., Kozlov S.A., Shtokalenko M.B. (2010b) Peculiarities of the geological interpretation of the results of gravity prospecting and magnetic prospecting. In: Proceedings of the 37th session of the Intern. sci. Seminar named after DG Uspensky. Moscow, IPE RAS, pp. 20–25.Google Scholar
- Alekseev S.G., Kozlov S.A., Smirnov V.E., Shtokalenko M.B. (2011) Features of 2D and 3D interpretation of anomalies of potential fields. In: Notes of the Mining Institute, vol. 194, pp. 128–131.Google Scholar
- Alekseev S.G., Senchina N.P., Shatkevich S.Yu., Shtokalenko M.B. (2016) Advantages and disadvantages of tomography of potential fields. In: Materials of the 43rd session of the Intern. sci. Seminar named after D.G. Uspensky. Voronezh. “Nauchaya kniga”, pp. 10–13.Google Scholar
- Alekseev S.G., Senchina N.P., Shatkevich S.Yu., Shtokalenko M.B., Movchan I.B. (2017) Rationale of the adequacy of tomography of potential fields. In: Materials of the 44th Session of the Intern. Sci. Seminar named after D.G. Uspensky. Moscow, IPE RAS, pp. 21–26.Google Scholar
- Babayants PS, Blokh Yu.I., Trusov AA (2004) Interpretation tomography according to gravimetric and magnetic prospecting data in the “SIGMA-3D” package. In: Materials of 41st session of the Intern. sci. Seminar named after D.G. Uspensky, IPE RAS, Moscow, pp. 6–7.Google Scholar
- Dolgal A.S., Bychkov S.G., Kostitsyn V.I., Novikova P.N., Pugin A.V., Rashidov V.A., Sharkhimullin A.F. (2012) On the theory and practice of tomographic interpretation of geopotential fields. In: Geophysics, No 5, pp. 8–17.Google Scholar
- Kozlov S.A., Alekseev S.G., Lebedkin P.A., Savitsky A.P., Shtokalenko M.B. (2009) Comparison of seismic sections by regional profiles with distributions of singular sources of potential fields, effective excess density and effective magnetization of rocks. In: Proceedings of the 36th Session of the Intern. sci. Seminar named after D.G. Uspensky, Kazan, Kazan State University, pp. 164–166.Google Scholar
- Meeting 2017 “Scientific and methodological and technological problems of prognosis and prospecting for low contrast kimberlite pipes in the East European and East Siberian diamondiferous provinces” June 8–9, 2017 St. Petersburg, FSUE “VSEGEI”. http://vsegei.kiji.men/ru/conf/summary/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=98213.
- Poniatowski EG, Antonov VE, Belash IT. (1982) Properties of high-pressure phases in metal-hydrogen systems. IN: Uspekhi Fizicheskikh Nauk, vol. 137, No. 4, p. 684.Google Scholar
- Pospeeva E.V., Conducting lithospheric heterogeneities as a criterion of predictive assessment for promising diamond areas (on the example of Siberian kimberlite province), Journal of Mining Institute. 2017. Vol. 224. p. 170–177.Google Scholar
- Shtokalenko MB, Alekseev SG (2013) New technology of density and magnetic tomography from gravimetric and magnetic surveys. Algorithms and application. In: The 83rd session of the Scientific and Methodological Council on Geological and Geophysical Technologies for Prospecting and Exploration of Mineral Deposits (NMS GGT) pp. 164–167.Google Scholar
- Vaganov V.I. (2000) Diamond deposits of Russia and the world. Moscow, ZAO Geoinformmark, 371 p.Google Scholar