Field of Attraction of Polyhedron and Polygonal Plate with Linear Density Distribution
New presentation of field of attraction elements (potential and its first derivatives) is demonstrated for such important approximating models as polyhedron and polygonal plate with density that changes in accordance with linear laws. It is shown that these elements are defined by elements of models’ fields with known analytical representations (polyhedron, polygonal plate and material segment with constant density) and additional integrals for which explicit analytical expressions exist.
KeywordsGravimetry Direct gravity problem Linear density distribution
- Bulychev A.A., Lygin I.V., Melikhov V.R. (2010) Numerical methods for forward solution of gravimetry and magnetometry problems (Compendium of Lectures). Moscow, Faculty of Geology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, 2010, 164 pp. (geophys.geol.msu.ru/STUDY/facultet/forward08_03_2011.pdf) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Strakhov V.N., Lapina M.I. (1983) Forward and inverse problems of gravimetry and magnetometry for arbitrary homogeneous polyhedrons. Theory and practice of gravity and magnetic fields interpretation in the USSR (Proceedings of III-rd All-Union Workshop and School)/ edited by Starostenko V.I., Kyiv, Naukova Dumka, 1983, pp. 3–86. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Strakhov V.N. (1985) On the problem of forward modelling in gravimetry and magnetometry for material rod having polynomial density.// Geophysical Journal, 1985, Vol. 7, № 1, pp. 3–9. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Strakhov V.N., Lapina M.I. (1986) Gravity forward modelling for horizontal homogeneous polygonal plate.// Geophysical Journal, 1986, Vol. 8, № 4, pp. 20–31. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Strakhov V.N., Lapina M.I. (1986) Forward problems of gravimetry and magnetometry for homogeneous polyhedrons.// Geophysical Journal, 1986, Vol. 8, № 6, pp. 20–31. (in Russian).Google Scholar