Enhancement in Power Conversion Efficiency of Multi-crystalline Silicon Solar Cell by ZnS Nano Particles with PMMA
The research work focuses on the application of ZnS Nano particle (NP) phosphors towards the solar cell. ZnS NP phosphors have been successfully synthesized by the chemical co-precipitation method. The ZnS NP is aimed to get over the recombination losses because of incompatibility with spectrum when a low wavelength photons are falling on the multi crystalline-Si-solar cell. The XRD, TEM and UV-Visible measurements were followed out to characterize the dried ZnS NP. The prepared ZnS Nanoparticles (NP) along with poly-methyl-methacrylate (PMMA) were applied on the front surface of the solar cell in three different concentrations ratio of dried ZnS NP into PMMA solution in the ex situ manner. An enhancement in Power conversion efficiency was observed in the ZnS Nanoparticles/PMMA coated solar cell.
The authors would like to thank Dr. Bamsi (Centre for Energy Studies, IIT Delhi) for providing their lab facility and Dr. Saxena [AGM, BHEL] for useful discussion.
- 1.E. Klampaftis, D. Ross, K.R. McIntosh, B.S. Richards, Solar Energy Mater. Solar Cells 93 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.M. Saeed, S. Riaz, R. Farhat, K. Shahzad, Y. Alghamdi, M. Azad, Surfactant and template free synthesis of porous ZnS nanoparticles. Mater. Chem. Phys. 189, 28–34 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.A. Gholizadeh, A. Reyhani, P Parvin, S.Z. Mortazavi, Efficiency enhancement of ZnO nanostructure assisted Si solar cell based on fill factor enlargement and UV-blue spectral down-shifting. J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 2017, 50 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Tong, F. Cao, J. Yang, M. Xu, C. Zheng, X. Zhu, D. Chen, M. Zhang, F. Huang, J. Zhou, L. Wang, Urchinlike pristine and er-doped ZnS hierarchical nanostructures: controllable synthesis, photoluminescence and enhanced photocatalytic performance. Mater. Chem. Phys. 151, 357–363 (2015)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.H. Ahmed, S.J. McCormack, J. Doran, External quantum efficiency improvement with luminescent downshifting layers: experimental and modelling. Int. J. Spectroscopy 2016 (2016)Google Scholar