PRSPR: An Adaptive Framework for Massive RDF Stream Reasoning
In this paper, we propose a plugin-based framework for massive RDF stream reasoning to support complicated tasks on RDF stream in an adaptive and flexible way. Within this framework, the problem of RDF stream reasoning can be equivalently reduced to the combination problem of SPARQL querying and rule-based reasoning. Take advantage of the plug-in method, we can apply various off-the-shelf SPARQL query engines and rule-based reasoners in a simple way. Moreover, to efficiently support real-time reasoning on massive RDF stream, we develop a multi-threaded batch processing approach to manage resources and an adaptive reasoning plan for dynamically managing inference rules in the stream reasoning. Finally, our experiments evaluate on dataset built on the benchmark LUBM and DBpedia. The experimental results show that our framework is effective and efficient.
We would like to thank Qiong Li for constructive comments. This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61373165, 61672377), the National Key R&D Program of China (2016YFB1000603, 2017YFC0908401), and the Key Technology R&D Program of Tianjin (16YFZCGX00210).
- 4.Gu, R., Wang, S., Wang, F., Yuan, C., Huang, Y.: Cichlid: efficient large scale RDFS/OWL reasoning with Spark. In: Proceedings of IPDPS 2015, pp. 700–709 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Gurajada, S., Seufert, S., Miliaraki, I., Theobald, M.X.: TriAD: A distributed shared-nothing RDF engine based on asynchronous message passing. In: Proceedings of SIGMOD 2014, pp. 289–300 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Antoniou, G., van Harmelen, F.: A Semantic Web Primer. The MIT Press, Cambridge (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, Q., Zhang, X., Feng, Z.: PRSP: a plugin-based framework for RDF stream processing. In: Proceedings of WWW 2017, pp. 815–816 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, Q., Zhang, X., Feng, Z., Xiao, G.: An adaptive framework for RDF stream reasoning. In: Proceedings of ISWC 2017 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, C., Urbani, J., Qi, G.: Efficient RDF stream reasoning with graphics processingunits (GPUs). In: Proceedings of WWW 2014, pp. 343–344 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Margara, A., Cugola, G.: Processing flows of information: from data stream to complex event processing. In: Proceedings of DEBS 2011, pp. 359–360 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Ren, X., Curé, O., Ke, L., Lhez, J., Belabbess, B., Randriamalala, T., Zheng, Y.: Strider: an adaptive, inference-enabled distributed RDF stream processing engine. PVLDB 10(12), 1905–1908 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Urbani, J.: RDFS/OWL reasoning using the MapReduce framework. Master’s thesis, Vrije Universiteit - Faculty of Sciences, Department of Computer Science (2009)Google Scholar