A Strong Averaging Principle for Lévy Diffusions in Foliated Spaces with Unbounded Leaves
This article extends a strong averaging principle for Lévy diffusions which live on the leaves of a foliated manifold subject to small transversal Lévy type perturbation to the case of non-compact leaves. The main result states that the existence of p-th moments of the foliated Lévy diffusion for \(p\geqslant 2\) and an ergodic convergence of its coefficients in Lp implies the strong Lp convergence of the fast perturbed motion on the time scale t∕ε to the system driven by the averaged coefficients. In order to compensate the non-compactness of the leaves we use an estimate of the dynamical system for each of the increments of the canonical Marcus equation derived in da Costa and Högele (Potential Anal 47(3):277–311, 2017), the boundedness of the coefficients in Lp and a nonlinear Gronwall-Bihari type estimate. The price for the non-compactness are slower rates of convergence, given as p-dependent powers of ε strictly smaller than 1∕4.
The author PHC would like to thank the Department of Mathematics of Brasilia University for providing support. The authors MAH and PRR would like express his gratitude for the hospitality received at the Departameto de Matemática at Universidade de Brasília and the IMECC at UNICAMP in February 2018. The funding of MAH by the FAPA project “Stochastic dynamics of Lévy driven systems” at the School of Science at Universidad de los Andes is greatly acknowledged. The author PRR is partially supported by Brazilian CNPq proc. nr. 305462/2016-4, by FAPESP proc. nr. 2015/07278-0 and 2015/50122-0.
- 1.Amann, H.: Ordinary Differential Equations: An Introduction to Nonlinear Analysis. de Gruyter Studies in Mathematics, vol. 13. Walter de Gruyter & Co., Berlin (1990)Google Scholar
- 6.Cannas, A.: Lectures on Symplectic Geometry. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 1764. Springer, Berlin (2008)Google Scholar
- 19.Kurtz, T.G., Pardoux, E., Protter, Ph.: Stratonovich stochastic differential equations driven by general semimartingales. Ann. lH.I.P. Sect. B 31(2), 351–377 (1995)Google Scholar
- 26.Sato, K.-I.: Lévy processes and infinitely divisible distributions. Probab. Theory Relat. Fields 111, 287321 (1998)Google Scholar
- 31.Walcak, P.: Dynamics of Foliations, Groups and Pseudogroups. Birkhäuser, Basel (2004)Google Scholar