The Real Richness in the Semi-jewel Production
The city of Limeira is officially designated as the jewel and semi-jewel capital of Brazil, besides being recognized in the world scenery in this productive sector. However, these successful financial data contrast with the socio-environmental externalities caused by this type of production.
In this research, three factories of the city were studied aiming to give visibility to the work, still very little explored in the literature, explaining its content, in what way and under what conditions the workers of these factories accomplish it, through the method Ergonomic Work Analysis (EWA), the main tool of activity ergonomics.
This study evidenced that the work includes creation and assembly of products, through services and after-sales, as well as analysis and cost management and logistics. These characteristics are essential to address the vast diversity and high volume of products, and are revealed in the activities responsible for sales and deliveries of products that were the focus in this research.
Different from what was expected of a mass production, the work turned out to be a manufacture of constant creations that depend on the management of the workers. Women are at the forefront of the negotiations in sales, with suppliers and with workers of the company, evidencing their decisive responsibilities for these companies.
Even in an environment of intense pushiness of this sector, which is immersed in the consumption of the globalized market, prosperous results are achieved and it is in the commitment of these workers that lies the great value of the production of semi-jewel.
KeywordsErgonomics Semi-jewel Semi precious jewelry Ergonomic Work Analysis
FAPESP - Project 2014/25829-0.
- Brasil (2005) Ministério do Desenvolvimento, Indústria e Comércio Exterior. Políticas e Ações para a Cadeia Produtiva de Gemas e Jóias. Hécliton Santini Henriques, Marcelo Monteiro Soares (coords.). Brisa, Brasília, 116 pGoogle Scholar
- Brasil (2018) Câmara dos Deputados. LEI Nº 13.610, DE 10 DE JANEIRO DE 2018. http://www2.camara.leg.br/legin/fed/lei/2018/lei-13610-10-janeiro-2018-786086-publicacaooriginal-154739-pl.html. Accessed 15 Jan 2018
- Guérin F et al (2001) Compreender o trabalho para transformá-lo: a prática da ergonomia. Edgard Blücher: Fundação Vanzolini, São Paulo, 200 pGoogle Scholar
- Instituto Brasileiro de Gemas e Metais Preciosos – IBGM (2015) O setor em grandes números. São PauloGoogle Scholar
- Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística – IBGE (2017). https://cidades.ibge.gov.br/v4/brasil/sp/limeira/historico. Accessed 08 June 2017
- Oprime P et al (2009) Análise dos relacionamentos e cooperação entre empresas do cluster industrial de joias e folheados de Limeira. Revista Produção, vol. 9, n. 4Google Scholar
- Vendramin MCS (2017) Trabalho infantil em Limeira - SP: pesquisa com estudantes da rede municipal e estadual de ensino. 119 f. Dissertação (Mestrado) – Interdisciplinar em Ciências Humanas e Sociais Aplicadas (ICHSA), área de concentração Modernidade e Políticas Públicas, Faculdade de Ciências Aplicadas, Universidade Estadual de CampinasGoogle Scholar
- Vilela RAG, Ferreira MAL (2008) Nem tudo brilha na produção de joias de Limeira - SP. Produção, vol 18, no 1, pp 183–194, jan./ abrGoogle Scholar