Improved Interleaving Scheme for PAPR Reduction in MIMO-OFDM Systems
Just like orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) systems, the large peak-to-average power ratio (PAPR) as one of the main shortcomings still exists in multi-input multi-output (MIMO) OFDM systems. Interleaving scheme is one of the attractive technologies for PAPR reduction and it can be directly used for each transmit antenna in MIMO-OFDM systems, called as ordinary interleaving scheme. In this paper, an improved interleaving scheme for PAPR reduction in MIMO-OFDM systems is proposed. Different from ordinary interleaving scheme, which transmit antenna is selected to perform the interleaving in proposed interleaving scheme is dominated by PAPR values of OFDM candidate sequences. Namely, the proposed interleaving scheme reorders the sequence from the antenna with the highest PAPR in the successive step after the PAPR of the original OFDM sequences are calculated. As a result, the proposed interleaving scheme can obtain better PAPR reduction performance compared with ordinary interleaving scheme.
KeywordsOrthogonal frequency division multiplexing Multi-input Multi-output Interleaving
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61501204).
- 1.Prasad, R.: OFDM for Wireless Communications Systems. Artech House Publishers, Boston (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Jayalath, A.D.S., Tellambura, C.: The use of interleaving to reduce the peak-to-average power ratio of an OFDM signal. In: IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM), vol. 1, pp. 82–86, San Francisco, USA (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Ryu, H.-G., Kim, S.-K., Ryu, S.-B.: Interleaving method without side information for the PAPR reduction of OFDM system. In: International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies, Sydney, Australia, vol. 1, pp. 72–76 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Malathi, P., Vanathi, P.T.: Improved interleaving technique for PAPR reduction in OFDM-MIMO system. In: Second Asia International Conference on Modeling and Simulation, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, vol. 1, pp. 253–258 (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Hassan, E.S., El-Khamy, S.E., Dessouky, M.I., El-Dolil, S.A., Abd El-Samie, F.E.: Peak-to-average power ratio reduction in space-time block coded multi-input multi-output orthogonal frequency division multiplexing systems using a small overhead selective mapping scheme. IET Commun. 3(10), 1667–1674 (2009)CrossRefGoogle Scholar