Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm Based on Ensemble of Constraint Handing Techniques
Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) Algorithm was firstly proposed for unconstrained optimization problems. Later many constraint processing techniques have been developed for ABC algorithms. According to the no free lunch theorem, it is impossible for a single constraint technique to be better than any other constraint technique on every issue. In this paper, artificial bee colony (ABC) algorithm with ensemble of constraint handling techniques (ECHT-ABC) is proposed to solve the constraint optimization problems. The performance of ECHT-ABC has been tested on 28 benchmark test functions for CEC 2017 Competition on Constrained Real-Parameter Optimization. The experimental results demonstrate that ECHT-ABC obtains very competitive performance compared with other state-of-the-art methods for constrained evolutionary optimization.
KeywordsArtificial Bee Colony (ABC) algorithm Ensemble The constraint handling techniques
This research is partly supported by Humanity and Social Science Youth foundation of Ministry of Education of China (Grant No. 12YJCZH179), National Social Science Foundation (Grant No. 14BTQ036), and the Foundation of Jiangsu Key Laboratory for NSLSCS (Grant No. 201601). The authors thank the anonymous reviewers for providing valuable comments to improve this paper.
- 3.Brajevic, I., Tuba, M., Subotic, M.: Performance of the improved Artificial Bee Colony algorithm on standard engineering constrained problems. Int. J. Math. Comput. Simul. 5(2), 789–798 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Tessema, B., Yen, G.G.: A self adaptive penalty function based algorithm for constrained optimization. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, CEC 2006, pp. 246–253. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 14.Takahama, T., Sakai, S.: Constrained optimization by the constrained differential evolution with gradient-based mutation and feasible elites. In: Conferences, CEC 2006, pp. 1–8. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Karaboga, D.: An idea based on honey bee swarm for numerical optimization. Technical report, Engineering Faculty, Computer Engineering Department, Erciyes University (2005)Google Scholar
- 18.Trivedi, A., Sanyal, K., Verma, P., et al.: A unified differential evolution algorithm for constrained optimization problems. In: Evolutionary Computation, CEC 2017, pp. 1231–1238. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 19.Polkov, R.: L-SHADE with competing strategies applied to constrained optimization. In: Evolutionary Computation, CEC 2017, pp. 1683–1689. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 20.Tvrdik, J., Polakova, R.: A simple framework for constrained problems with ap- plication of L-SHADE44 and IDE. In: Evolutionary Computation, CEC 2017, pp. 1436–1443. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 21.Ales, Z.: Adaptive constraint handling and Success History Differential Evolution for CEC 2017 Constrained Real-Parameter Optimization. In: Evolutionary Computation, CEC 2017, pp. 2443– 2450. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 22.Wu, G., Mallipedi, R., S, P.N.: Problem definitions and evaluation criteria for the CEC 2017 competition on constrained real-parameter optimization. Technical report, CEC 2017 (2017)Google Scholar