Optimization of High-Speed Direct Laser Deposition Regime Parameters in Titanium Blades Production
The article is devoted to the technology of high-speed direct laser deposition of Ti-6Al − 4V titanium alloy samples. The paper aims at the development of the production technology of titanium blisc for machining. Natural experiments were conducted to select optimal process regimes ensuring the absence of defects in the form of pores, fusions, cracks; samples of various configurations for mechanical testing were also produced. As a result, the optimal parameters of high-speed direct laser deposition regime, ensuring the formation of a defect-free structure and optimal mechanical properties of the samples, were established. The oxygen level, at which it is possible to obtain products with mechanical properties matching those of Ti-6Al − 4V alloy, obtained with traditional methods, content in the chamber, is also established. A blisc model from a powder titanium alloy Ti-6Al − 4V was made using optimal regimes under the method of high-speed direct laser deposition.
KeywordsHigh-speed direct laser deposition Direct laser deposition Additive manufacturing Laser additive technologies Titanium alloys Bladed disc
The work was carried out with financial support from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in the framework of realization complex project Contract №03.G25.31.0240 from 28.04.2017.
- 1.Turichin GA, Zemlyakov EV, Babkin KD, Shamray FA, Kolodyazhny DYu (2015) Direct laser deposition—perspective additive technology for aircraft engine building. Weld Diagn 3:54–57Google Scholar
- 4.Muravyov VI (1999) Development and research of resource-saving technologies for manufacturing stamp-welded structures from titanium alloys. BlagoveshchenskGoogle Scholar
- 5.Leyens C, Peters M (eds) (2003) Titanium and titanium alloys: fundamentals and applications. Wiley, New JerseyGoogle Scholar
- 6.Welsch G, Boyer R, Collings EW (eds.) (1993) Materials properties handbook: titanium alloys. ASM InternationalGoogle Scholar
- 7.Donachie MJ (2000) Titanium: a technical guide. ASM InternationalGoogle Scholar
- 8.VSMPO-AVISMA Corporation (2017) Trivial HTTP. http://www.vsmpo.ru/en/pages/aviastroenie. Accessed 21 Jan 2017
- 11.Turichin GA, Sklyar MO, Babkin KD, Klimova-Korsmik OG, Zemlyakov EV (2017) Direct laser deposition—a breakthrough in the large-sized products manufacturing. In: additive technology. SPbGMTU. https://additiv-tech.ru/publications/pryamoe-lazernoe-vyrashchivanie-proryv-v-izgotovlenii-krupnogabaritnyh-izdeliy.html. Accessed 12 Jan 2018