Dynamic Diagnostics of Limiting State of Milling Process Based on Poincaré Stroboscopic Mapping
The article is devoted to the problem of diagnosing the limiting state of the milling process based on the Poincaré stroboscopic mapping. A method based on a contactless measurement of the distance between the cutter body and the measuring transducer is proposed. In this case, a sequence constructed on the basis of the Poincaré stroboscopic mapping is used, for which statistical estimates to determine the roughness, ripple, and mathematical expectation of the size over the entire treated surface are given. The results of the experiment made it possible to obtain effective algorithms for processing information, which, in the course of cutting, allow us to evaluate the limiting states of the process for obtaining information on the replacement of the tool and its readjustment. The dependencies obtained in the work as a whole coincides with the realistic approach to the estimation of the dynamics of milling processes occurring in metal-cutting machines. According to this approach, it is possible to provide unchanged values of the microroughness height due to the redistribution of the geometric component of the roughness determined by the feed, and the evolutionary component that depends on the trajectory of work and the power of irreversible transformations in the cutting zone.
KeywordsSurface quality Milling Waviness Roughness Critical value
I express my gratitude to my scientific supervisor Zakovorotniy Vilor Lavrentievich for valuable advice in the planning of research and recommendations on the design of the article.
- 8.Voronov S, Kiselev I (2011) Dynamics of flexible detail milling. J Multi-body Dyn 225(3):110–117Google Scholar
- 13.Goodman N (1969) Languages of art. An approach to a theory of symbols. Oxford University Press, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 14.Mette C (1986) Invariantentheorie als Grundlage des Konventionalismus. Überlegungen zur Wissenschaftstheorie Jules Henri Poincarés, Die blaue Eule, EssenGoogle Scholar
- 16.Browder FE (1983) The mathematical heritage of Henri Poincaré. In: Proceedings of symposia in pure mathematics of the american mathematical society, vol 39. American Mathematical Society, ProvidenceGoogle Scholar
- 18.Goldfarb W (1985) Poincaré against the Logicists, in History and Philosophy of Modern Mathematics. In: Aspray W, Kitcher P (eds). Minnesota Press, Minneapolis, pp 61–81Google Scholar
- 20.Vapnik VN, Chervonenkis AY (1974) Theory of pattern recognition. Nauka, Moscow, pp 55–60. (in Russia)Google Scholar