Optical Coherence Tomography: Manufacturers and Current Systems
Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is mainly used for diagnosis or monitoring of glaucoma and retinal diseases. Currently, over a dozen of companies manufacture OCT systems. Some of these systems are incorporated in various ophthalmic devices like femtosecond lasers, biometry devices, and surgical microscopes. However, most of the current OCT devices consist of diagnostic OCT systems that are used clinically for detection and monitoring of glaucoma or various retinal diseases. Four manufacturers, Carl Zeiss Meditec, Heidelberg Engineering, Topcon Medical Systems, and Optovue have the largest user base and most of the OCT publications in the literature are based on these platforms. This chapter describes the devices currently available from these manufacturers.
KeywordsOptical coherence tomography OCT manufacturers OCT angiography OCT devices
- 1.Carl Zeiss Meditec Primus 200 OCT 501(k) premarket report of FDA. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf16/K163195.pdf. Accessed 11 March 2018.
- 2.Carl Zeiss Meditec Plex Elite 9000 OCT 501(k) premarket report of FDA. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf16/K161194.pdf. Accessed 11 March 2018.
- 3.Carl Zeiss Meditec Plex Elite 9000 premarket data from Carl Zeiss Meditec website https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/Meditec/downloads/pdf/ari-network-download/plex-elite-brochure_en_31_020_0001v_us_31_020_0001v.pdf. Accessed 11 March 2018.
- 4.Cole ED, Duker JSOCT. Technology: will we be “swept” away? Rev Ophthalmol. April 2017.; Accessed 11 March 2018Google Scholar
- 5.Heidelberg Engineering. Spectralis HRA + OCT User manual software version 5.7. 2013.Google Scholar
- 6.Optovue website data. https://content.optovue.com/hubfs/PDF/300-53141_A_Optovue-Avanti-AngioVue-Brochure_US.pdf. Accessed 11 March 2018.