Blockchain-Based Transaction Integrity in Distributed Big Data Marketplace
Today Big Data occupies a crucial part of scientific research areas as well as in the business analysis of large companies. Each company tries to find the best way to make generated Big Data sets valuable and profitable. However, in most cases, companies have not enough opportunities and budget to solve this complex problem. On the other hand, there are companies (i.e., in insurance or banking) that can significantly improve their business organization by applying hidden knowledge extracted from such massive data. This situation leads to the necessity of building a platform for exchange, processing, and sale of collected Big Data sets. In this paper, we propose a distributed big data platform that implements digital data marketplace based on the blockchain mechanism for data transaction integrity.
KeywordsData marketplace Distributed systems Security Blockchain
This work financially supported by Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Agreement #14.575.21.0165 (26/09/2017). Unique Identification RFMEFI57517X0165.
- 1.Crosby, M., Nachiappan, Pattanayak, P., Verma, S., Kalyanaraman, V.: Blockchain Technology - Beyond Bitcoin. Berkley Engineering, p. 35 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Koutroumpis, P., Leiponen, A., Thomas, L.: The (Unfulfilled) Potential of Data Marketplaces. Working Paper 2420(53) (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Nakamoto, S.: Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System, p. 9 (2008). www.Bitcoin.Org
- 7.Niyato, D., Alsheikh, M.A., Wang, P., Kim, D.I., Han, Z.: Market model and optimal pricing scheme of big data and internet of things (IoT) (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Ongaro, D., Ousterhout, J.: In search of an understandable consensus algorithm. In: Proceedings of 2014 USENIX Annual Technical Conference, USENIX ATC 2014, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 305–320 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Ren, X., London, P., Ziani, J., Wierman, A.: Joint data purchasing and data placement in a geo-distributed data market (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.Watanabe, H., Fujimura, S., Nakadaira, A., Miyazaki, Y., Akutsu, A., Kishigami, J.J.: Blockchain contract: a complete consensus using blockchain. In: 2015 IEEE 4th Global Conference on Consumer Electronics, GCCE 2015, pp. 577–578 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Zyskind, G., Nathan, O., Pentland, A.: Enigma: decentralized computation platform with guaranteed privacy, pp. 1–14 (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.Zyskind, G., Nathan, O., Pentland, A.S.: Decentralizing privacy: using blockchain to protect personal data. In: Proceedings of 2015 IEEE Security and Privacy Workshops, SPW 2015, pp. 180–184 (2015)Google Scholar