Tracy was a 24-year-old woman who presented with 2 weeks of numbness in her legs and hands and weakness in her legs. These findings were confirmed on her examination and an MRI of the cervical spine revealed a large lesion shown in Fig. 1. A brain MRI was normal.
- 1.Croskerry P. The feedback sanction. Acad Emerg Med. 2000;7(11):1232–8. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1553-2712.2000.tb00468.x.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 2.Gawande A (2011, Oct 3). Top athletes and singers have coaches. Should you? The New Yorker. Retrieved from https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2011/10/03/personal-best.
- 3.Weisman SR. (2005, Sept 9). Powell calls his U.N. speech a lasting blot on his record. The New York Times. Retrieved from https://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/politics/powell-calls-his-un-speech-a-lasting-blot-on-his-record.html.
- 4.Gallagher TH, Mello MM, Levinson W, Wynia MK, Sachdeva AK, Sulmasy LS, Truog RD, Conway J, Mazor K, Lembitz A, Bell SK, Sokol-Hessner L, Shapiro J, Puopolo AL, Arnold R. Talking with patients about other clinicians’ errors. N Engl J Med. 2013;369(18):1752–7. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMsb1303119.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 5.Allen M. (2013, Nov 8). Why doctors stay mum about mistakes their colleagues make. ProPublica. Retrieved from https://www.propublica.org/article/why-doctors-stay-mum-about-mistakes-their-colleagues-make.
- 6.Meagher J. (2015, Sept 11). Giving negative feedback is a duty. FewerErrors. Retrieved from http://www.fewererrors.com/2015/09/11/giving-negative-feedback-a-duty/.