Interactive Photo Liveness for Presentation Attacks Detection
This paper presents an interactive liveness detection approach against presentation attacks. It aims to minimize the impact on the user, who is only asked to produce single head movements. The described approach combines two methods: (1) single-photo liveness estimation based on CNN implementation, and (2) interactive liveness estimation based on head movements detected from two video frames extracted before and during the movement. The resulting system is designed to work on smartphones and by web-cameras. An appropriate database was collected for experiments. These achieved EER of less than 5% for paper spoofing attacks, less than 4% for monitor and 0.6% for tablet, while the Failure to Capture (FTC) was less than 3% for the most user-friendly scenario.
KeywordsSpoofing Anti-spoofing Liveness detection
This work was financially supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Contract 14.578.21.0189 (ID RFMEFI57816X0189).
- 1.De Marsico, M., Marchionni, L., Novelli, A., Oertel, M.: FATCHA: the CAPTCHA Are You! In: 11th Biannual Conference on Italian SIGCHI Chapter, pp. 118–125 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Tan, X., Li, Y., Liu, J., Jiang, L.: Face liveness detection from a single image with sparse low rank bilinear discriminative model. In: Daniilidis, K., Maragos, P., Paragios, N. (eds.) ECCV 2010, Part VI. LNCS, vol. 6316, pp. 504–517. Springer, Heidelberg (2010). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-15567-3_37CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Hadid, A.: The local binary pattern approach and its applications to face analysis. In: Image Processing Theory, Tools and Application, pp. 1–9 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Bao, W., Li, H., Li, N., Jiang, W.: A liveness detection method for face recognition based on optical flow field. In: International Conference on Image Analysis and Signal Processing (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Pan, G., Sun, L., Wu, Z., Lao, S.: Eyeblink-based antispoofing in face recognition from a generic Webcamera. In: International Conference on 11th Computer Vision (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Frischholz, R., Werner, A.: Avoiding replay-attacks in a face recognition system using head-pose estimation. In: Analysis and Modeling of Faces and Gestures, pp. 234–235 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Volkova, S.S., Matveev, Y.N.: Convolutional neural networks for face anti-spoofing. Sci. Tech. J. Inf. Technol. Mech. Opt. 18(1), 702–710 (2018)Google Scholar
- 12.Zhang, Z., Yan, J., Liu, S., Lei, Z., Yi, D., Li, S.Z.: A face antispoofing database with diverse attacks. In: 5th IAPR International Conference on Biometrics (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Cristinacce, D., Cootes, T.F.: Feature detection and tracking with constrained local models. In: BMVC, vol. 2, p. 6 (2006)Google Scholar