Q-Rapids Tool Prototype: Supporting Decision-Makers in Managing Quality in Rapid Software Development
Software quality is an essential competitive factor for the success of software companies today. Increasing the software quality levels of software products and services requires an adequate integration of quality requirements (QRs) in the software life-cycle, which is still scarcely supported in current rapid software development (RSD) approaches. One of the goals of the Q-Rapids (Quality-aware Rapid Software Development) method is providing tool support to decision-makers for QR management in RSD. The Q-Rapids method is based on gathering data from several and heterogeneous sources, to be aggregated into quality-related strategic indicators (e.g., customer satisfaction, product quality) and presented to decision-makers using a highly informative dashboard. The current release of Q-Rapids Tool provides four sets of functionality: (1) data gathering from source tools (e.g. GitLab, Jira, SonarQube, and Jenkins), (2) aggregation of data into three levels of abstraction (metrics, product/process factors, and strategic indicators), (3) visualization of the aggregated data, and (4) navigation through the aggregated data. The tool has been evaluated by four European companies that follow RSD processes.
KeywordsAgile Decision-making Quality requirement Non-functional requirements Rapid software development Strategic indicator Dashboard
This work is a result of the Q-Rapids project, which has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No. 732253. We would like to thank Guillem Bonet, Oriol Martínez, and Axel Wickenkamp for the implementation of the Q-Rapids prototype.
- 1.Nuseibeh, B., Easterbrook, S.: Requirements engineering: a roadmap. In: Proceedings of the Conference on the Future of Software Engineering, pp. 35–46 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Guzmán, L., Oriol, M., Rodríguez, P., Franch, X., Jedlitschka, A., Oivo, M.: How can quality awareness support rapid software development? – a research preview. In: Grünbacher, P., Perini, A. (eds.) REFSQ 2017. LNCS, vol. 10153, pp. 167–173. Springer, Cham (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-54045-0_12CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Martínez-Fernández, S., Jedlitschka, A., Guzmán, L., Vollmer, A.M.: A quality model for actionable analytics in rapid software development (2018). arXiv:1803.09670
- 6.Kozik, R., Choraś, M., Puchalski, D., Renk, R.: Q-Rapids framework for advanced data analysis to improve rapid software development. J Ambient Intell. Humaniz. Comput. (2018). https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12652-018-0784-5
- 9.Jensen, F.V.: An Introduction to Bayesian Networks. UCL Press, London (1996)Google Scholar