A Potential Theoretic Approach to Tanaka Formula for Asymmetric Lévy Processes
In this paper, we shall introduce the Tanaka formula from viewpoint of the Doob–Meyer decomposition. For symmetric Lévy processes, if the local time exists, Salminen and Yor (Tanaka formula for symmetric Lévy processes. In: Séminaire de Probabilités XL. Lecture notes in mathematics, vol. 1899, Springer, Berlin, pp. 265–285, 2007) obtained the Tanaka formula by using the potential theoretic techniques. On the other hand, for strictly stable processes with index α ∈ (1, 2), we studied the Tanaka formula by using Itô’s stochastic calculus and the Fourier analysis. In this paper, we study the Tanaka formula for asymmetric Lévy processes via the potential theoretic approach. We give several examples for important processes. Our approach also gives the invariant excessive function with respect to the killed process in the case of asymmetric Lévy processes, and it generalized the result in Yano (J Math Ind 5(A):17–24, 2013).
KeywordsLocal time Lévy process Resolvent Excessive function
MSC 201060J55 60G51 60J45
I would like to thank Professor Atsushi Takeuchi of Osaka City University and Professor Kouji Yano of Kyoto University for their valuable advice.
The author was partially supported by JSPS-MAEDI Sakura program.
- 3.J. Bretagnolle, Résultats de Kesten sur les processus à accroissements indépendants, in Séminaire de Probabilités V. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 191 (Springer, Berlin, 1971), pp. 21–36Google Scholar
- 9.H. Kesten, Hitting probabilities of single points for processes with stationary independent increments. Mem. Am. Math. Soc. 93, 129 pp. (1969)Google Scholar
- 10.P. Salminen, M. Yor, Tanaka formula for symmetric Lévy processes, in Séminaire de Probabilités XL. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 1899 (Springer, Berlin, 2007), pp. 265–285Google Scholar
- 12.H. Tsukada, Tanaka formula for strictly stable processes, to appear in Probability and Mathematical StatisticsGoogle Scholar
- 13.K. Yamada, Fractional derivatives of local times of α-stable Levy processes as the limits of occupation time problems, in Limit Theorems in Probability and Statistics II. (János Bolyai Mathematical Society, Budapest, 2002), pp. 553–573Google Scholar