Adaptive-Order Regression-Based MR Image Super-Resolution
To overcome the resolution limitation of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), performing super-resolution (SR) on these clinical images is needed. Recently, a high-order regression-based SR framework demonstrates its advantage in producing fine details for MR image. However, the high time cost limits its application. To reduce time complexity, an adaptive-order strategy is proposed in this paper. Image structure tensor is used to classify the whole voxels into different groups. Afterward, the regression order is adaptively selected according to the classification result. Numerical experiments demonstrated that the proposed SR method can get a good balance between reconstruction quality and computation efficiency.
KeywordsMRI Regression-based Super-resolution Adaptive order Structure tensor
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61602065, Sichuan province Key Technology Research and Development project under Grant 2017RZ0013, Scientific Research Foundation of the Education Department of Sichuan Province under Grant No.17ZA0062, J201608 supported by Chengdu University of Information and Technology (CUIT) Foundation for Leaders of Disciplines in Science, project 762001009 supported by Open Fund of CUIT, and project KYTZ201610 supported by the Scientific Research Foundation of CUIT.
- 2.Jog A, Carass A, Prince JL (2016) Self super-resolution for magnetic resonance images. In: Proc. MICCAI, pp 553–560Google Scholar
- 6.Plenge E, Poot DH, Niessen WJ et al (2013) Super-resolution reconstruction using cross-scale self-similarity in multi-slice MRI. In: Proc. MICCAI, pp 123–130Google Scholar
- 8.Manjón JV, Coupé P, Buades A et al (2010) MRI superresolution using self-similarity and image priors. Int J Biomed Imaging:Article ID 425891Google Scholar
- 11.Jafari-Khouzani K, Gerstner E, Rosen B et al (2015) Upsampling dynamic contrast enhanced MRI. IEEE Int Symp Biomed Imaging:1032–1035Google Scholar
- 12.Hu J, Wu X, Zhou J (2017) Second-order regression-based MR image upsampling. Comput Math Methods Med:Article ID 6462832Google Scholar
- 14.Choi B, Kim SD, Ra JB (2008) Region-based super-resolution using adaptive diffusion regularization. Opt Eng 47(2):027006-11–027006-11Google Scholar