The Dark Side of Technological Progress
Given the dark side of technological progress, this chapter proposes a new way to ensure its greatest benefits and minimize its costs. This can be accomplished if the technologies are benign, if governments are democratic, if industries are benign as well, and if citizens are educated and politically engaged.
- Beckert, Sven. 2014. The Empire of Cotton. New York: Alfred A. Knopf.Google Scholar
- Bunge, Mario. 2009. Political Philosophy. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction.Google Scholar
- ———. 2018. From a Scientific Point of View. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars.Google Scholar
- Polanyi, Karl. 2001 . The Great Transformation. Boston: Beacon Press.Google Scholar
- Wolin, Sheldon. 2008. Democracy Incorporated. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar