Improve Your Responsiveness with Operational Planning
- 1.1k Downloads
We have seen that operational planning was introduced in the companies when monthly tactical S&OP process was not granular enough to solve demand-supply-finance imbalances driven by product type, brand, channel, and sales area. Operational planning has a short-term horizon focus and an objective to extract the best value from available assets. Let us see how we may understand operational planning.
KeywordsSense Demands Sales Order Demand Planning Production Allocation Stock Transfer
- Cecere, L. (2013). A practitioner’s guide to demand planning. Supply Chain Management Review, 14(2), 40–46. http://www.supplychain247.com/article/a_practitioners_guide_to_demand_planning.Google Scholar
- Chase, C. W. (2009). Demand-driven forecasting: A structured approach to forecasting. Wiley. https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=iVIbAAAAQBAJ&pgis=1.
- Debra Smith, C. S. (2016). Demand driven performance using smart metrics. McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Griswold, M. (2012). Best practices in demand planning: Helping retailers learn from other industries. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Payne, T. (2016, September). Digital business requires algorithmic supply chain planning. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Salley, A., Steutermann, S., & Johnson, J. (2016). Five tenets of demand management are foundational to supply chain transformation. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Simchi, L. (1999). Designing and managing the supply chain: Concepts, strategies, and case studies. McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S. (2012). Defining demand-planning excellence in consumer products: Structure, talent and technology. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S. (2016a). Defining demand-planning excellence in consumer products: Structure, talent and technology. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Titze, C., & Krasojevic, V. (2012). European SC leaders – What does it really mean to sense and shape demand. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Tohamy, N. (2012). A broader span for demand sensing and demand shaping across industries and time horizons. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Tohamy, N., Johnson, A., & Davis, M. (2010, October). Demand sensing and shaping narrow the chasm between commercial and supply chain strategies and goals. Gartner.Google Scholar