Ways to Improve Tactical S&OP
Part of the Management for Professionals book series (MANAGPROF)
- 1.3k Downloads
Tactical S&OP process can be visualized like in Fig. 3.18. In this big chapter, we bring to you a lot use cases which can help in your maturity assessment, design, and implementation.
KeywordsDemand Review Integrated Business Plan Forecast Input Demand Planning Supply Planning
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- APICS – Module 2.G – Influencing and prioritizing demand (2015) APICS – module 2.G – Influencing and prioritizing demand. APICS.Google Scholar
- APICS – Module 3.D – Implementation of demand plans (2015) APICS – Module 3.D – Implementation of demand plans. APICS.Google Scholar
- Applebaum, T. (2014). Manage uncertainty and product mix to improve demand management in life sciences. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Armstrong, J. S. (2002). Benchmarks for new product forecast errors. Innovation, (December), pp. 1–3.Google Scholar
- Aronow, S., & Jr, R. B. (2011, April). Understanding trade-offs: A practical supply chain cost-service analysis framework and maturity model. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Burkett, M. (2016). The hierarchy of new product introduction metrics: Grow with new products while managing complexity. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Bursa, K. L. (2014). Achieving demand planning excellence. European Business Review. http://www.europeanbusinessreview.com/achieving-demand-planning-excellence/?_sm_au_=irVrqWHpvD54L5PP.
- Chase, C. W. (2009). Demand-driven forecasting: A structured approach to forecasting. Wiley. https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=iVIbAAAAQBAJ&pgis=1.
- Crum, C., & Palmatier, G. E. (2003). Demand management best practices: Process, principles, and collaboration. Oliver Wight, APICS. http://books.google.at/books?id=6l3iWbGM-54C.
- Davis, M. (2011). Customer value analytics for supply chain segmentation. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Davis, M. (2012). Design the right form of supply chain segmentation for your business. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Demand Classification. (2017). Frepple.com
- Erhun, F., Gonçalves, P., & Hopman, J. (2007). The art of managing new product transitions. MIT Sloan Management Review, 48, 73–80.Google Scholar
- Gardner, D., & Tetlock, P. E. (2015). Superforecasting: The art and science of prediction. New York Times Bestseller.Google Scholar
- Kahn, K. B. (2014). Solving the problems of new product forecasting. Business Horizons.Google Scholar
- Kepczynski, R., Jandhyala, R., Sankaran, G., & Dimofte, A. (2018a). Integrated business planning – How to integrate planning processes, organizational structures & capabilities, and leverage SAP IBP technology. Springer.Google Scholar
- Mentzer Jr J. T., & Moon, M. A. (2004). Sales forecasting management. Sage.Google Scholar
- Moon, M. A. (2013). Demand and supply integration: The key to world-class demand forecasting. FT Press. https://books.google.com/books?id=2M9njA9JcMgC&pgis=1.
- Mulllick Satinder, K. (1971). Tecnique, How to choose the right forecasting. Harvard Business Review.Google Scholar
- Palmatier, G. E., & Crum, C. (2003). Enterprise sales and operations planning: Synchronizing demand, supply and resources for peak performance. J Ross Publishing.Google Scholar
- Penafiel, W. (2016). How to design a demand planning process. MeetLogistics.Google Scholar
- Porter, M. E., & Millar, V. E. (n.d.). How information gives you competitive advantage. Harvard Business Review.Google Scholar
- Reinmuth, J. E. (1974). Forecasting the impact of a new product introduction. J.E. JAMS.Google Scholar
- Salley, A. (2013). Building demand management excellence at danone. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Shamir, J. (2013). Next-generation forecasting is closer than you might think. SupplyChainBrain, 17(5), 52. http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edb&AN=91637369&site=eds-live.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S. (2010). Demand planning excellence. AMR Research.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S. (2016b). Demand forecasting leads the list of challenges impacting customer service across industries. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S., & Suleski, J. (2016). Take six actions to improve product life cycle management in consumer products. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S., Salley, A., & Lord, P. (2012a). Demand management elevates value network performance. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S., Scott, F., & Tohamy, N. (2012b). Building an effective demand-planning process. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Thacker, M. (2001). Participative sales and operations planning. MIOM, SM Thacker & Associates.Google Scholar
- Watkins, R. (2014). Sales forecasting and demand management. Delos Partnership.Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019