Ways to Improve Tactical S&OP
Part of the Management for Professionals book series (MANAGPROF)
Tactical S&OP process can be visualized like in Fig. 3.18. In this big chapter, we bring to you a lot use cases which can help in your maturity assessment, design, and implementation.
- APICS – Module 2.G – Influencing and prioritizing demand (2015) APICS – module 2.G – Influencing and prioritizing demand. APICS.Google Scholar
- APICS – Module 3.D – Implementation of demand plans (2015) APICS – Module 3.D – Implementation of demand plans. APICS.Google Scholar
- Applebaum, T. (2014). Manage uncertainty and product mix to improve demand management in life sciences. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Armstrong, J. S. (2002). Benchmarks for new product forecast errors. Innovation, (December), pp. 1–3.Google Scholar
- Aronow, S., & Jr, R. B. (2011, April). Understanding trade-offs: A practical supply chain cost-service analysis framework and maturity model. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Burkett, M. (2016). The hierarchy of new product introduction metrics: Grow with new products while managing complexity. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Bursa, K. L. (2014). Achieving demand planning excellence. European Business Review. http://www.europeanbusinessreview.com/achieving-demand-planning-excellence/?_sm_au_=irVrqWHpvD54L5PP.
- Chase, C. W. (2009). Demand-driven forecasting: A structured approach to forecasting. Wiley. https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=iVIbAAAAQBAJ&pgis=1.
- Crum, C., & Palmatier, G. E. (2003). Demand management best practices: Process, principles, and collaboration. Oliver Wight, APICS. http://books.google.at/books?id=6l3iWbGM-54C.
- Davis, M. (2011). Customer value analytics for supply chain segmentation. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Davis, M. (2012). Design the right form of supply chain segmentation for your business. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Demand Classification. (2017). Frepple.com
- Erhun, F., Gonçalves, P., & Hopman, J. (2007). The art of managing new product transitions. MIT Sloan Management Review, 48, 73–80.Google Scholar
- Gardner, D., & Tetlock, P. E. (2015). Superforecasting: The art and science of prediction. New York Times Bestseller.Google Scholar
- Kahn, K. B. (2014). Solving the problems of new product forecasting. Business Horizons.Google Scholar
- Kepczynski, R., Jandhyala, R., Sankaran, G., & Dimofte, A. (2018a). Integrated business planning – How to integrate planning processes, organizational structures & capabilities, and leverage SAP IBP technology. Springer.Google Scholar
- Mentzer Jr J. T., & Moon, M. A. (2004). Sales forecasting management. Sage.Google Scholar
- Moon, M. A. (2013). Demand and supply integration: The key to world-class demand forecasting. FT Press. https://books.google.com/books?id=2M9njA9JcMgC&pgis=1.
- Mulllick Satinder, K. (1971). Tecnique, How to choose the right forecasting. Harvard Business Review.Google Scholar
- Palmatier, G. E., & Crum, C. (2003). Enterprise sales and operations planning: Synchronizing demand, supply and resources for peak performance. J Ross Publishing.Google Scholar
- Penafiel, W. (2016). How to design a demand planning process. MeetLogistics.Google Scholar
- Porter, M. E., & Millar, V. E. (n.d.). How information gives you competitive advantage. Harvard Business Review.Google Scholar
- Reinmuth, J. E. (1974). Forecasting the impact of a new product introduction. J.E. JAMS.Google Scholar
- Salley, A. (2013). Building demand management excellence at danone. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Shamir, J. (2013). Next-generation forecasting is closer than you might think. SupplyChainBrain, 17(5), 52. http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edb&AN=91637369&site=eds-live.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S. (2010). Demand planning excellence. AMR Research.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S. (2016b). Demand forecasting leads the list of challenges impacting customer service across industries. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S., & Suleski, J. (2016). Take six actions to improve product life cycle management in consumer products. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S., Salley, A., & Lord, P. (2012a). Demand management elevates value network performance. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Steutermann, S., Scott, F., & Tohamy, N. (2012b). Building an effective demand-planning process. Gartner.Google Scholar
- Thacker, M. (2001). Participative sales and operations planning. MIOM, SM Thacker & Associates.Google Scholar
- Watkins, R. (2014). Sales forecasting and demand management. Delos Partnership.Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019