Recursive Reductions of Action Dependencies for Coordination-Based Multiagent Planning
- 574 Downloads
Currently the most efficient distributed multiagent planning scheme for deterministic models is based on coordination of local agents’ plans. In such a scheme, behavior of other agents is modeled using projections of their actions stripped of all private information. The planning scheme does not require any additional information, however using such can be beneficial for planning efficiency. Dependencies among the projected public actions caused by sequences of local private actions represent one particular type of such information.
In this work, we formally define several types of internal dependencies of multiagent planning problems and provide an algorithmic approach how to extract the internally dependent actions during multiagent planning. We show how to take an advantage of the computed dependencies by means of reducing the multiagent planning problems and analyze worst-case privacy leakage caused by the used dependencies. We integrate the reduction method into a distributed multiagent planner and summarize other efficiency improving techniques used in the planner. We experimentally show strong reduction of majority of standard multiagent benchmarks and nearly doubling of solved problems in comparison to a variant of a planner without the reductions. The efficiency of the method is demonstrated by winning in a recent competition of distributed multiagent planners.
This research was supported by the Czech Science Foundation (no. 15-20433Y) and by the Czech Ministry of Education (no. SGS13/211/OHK3/3T/13). Access to computing and storage facilities owned by parties and projects contributing to the National Grid Infrastructure MetaCentrum, provided under the program “Projects of Large Infrastructure for Research, Development, and Innovations” (LM2010005), is greatly appreciated.
- 1.Bäckström, C., Jonsson, A., Jonsson, P.: Macros, reactive plans and compact representations. In: ECAI 2012, pp. 85–90 (2012). https://doi.org/10.3233/978-1-61499-098-7-85
- 2.Bhattacharya, S., Kumar, V., Likhachev, M.: Search-based path planning with homotopy class constraints. In: Felner, A., Sturtevant, N.R. (eds.) SOCS. AAAI Press (2010). http://dblp.uni-trier.de/db/conf/socs/socs2010.html#BhattacharyaKL10
- 3.Brafman, R.I.: A privacy preserving algorithm for multi-agent planning and search. In: Yang, Q., Wooldridge, M. (eds.) Proceedings of the Twenty-Fourth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, IJCAI 2015, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 25–31 July 2015. pp. 1530–1536. AAAI Press (2015). http://ijcai.org/Abstract/15/219
- 4.Brafman, R.I., Domshlak, C.: From one to many: planning for loosely coupled multi-agent systems. In: ICAPS 2008, pp. 28–35 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, Y., Yao, G.: Completeness and optimality preserving reduction for planning. In: Proceedings of 21st IJCAI, pp. 1659–1664 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Coles, A., Coles, A.: Completeness-preserving pruning for optimal planning. In: Proceedings of 19th ECAI, pp. 965–966 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Haslum, P.: Reducing accidental complexity in planning problems. In: Proceedings of 20th IJCAI, pp. 1898–1903 (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Jakubův, J., Tožička, J., Komenda, A.: Multiagent planning by plan set intersection and plan verification. In: Proceedings of ICAART 2015 (2015)Google Scholar
- 16.Nissim, R., Brafman, R.I.: Multi-agent A* for parallel and distributed systems. In: Proceedings of AAMAS 2012, pp. 1265–1266 (2012)Google Scholar
- 17.Tožička, J., Jakubův, J., Komenda, A.: On internally dependent public actions in multiagent planning. In: Proceedings of DMAP Workshop of ICAPS 2015 (2015)Google Scholar
- 18.Tožička, J., Jakubův, J., Durkota, K., Komenda, A., Pěchouček, M.: Multiagent planning supported by plan diversity metrics and landmark actions. In: Proceedings of ICAART 2014 (2014)Google Scholar
- 19.Tožička, J., Jakubův, J., Komenda, A.: Generating multi-agent plans by distributed intersection of finite state machines. In: ECAI 2014, pp. 1111–1112 (2014)Google Scholar
- 20.Tožička, J., Jakubův, J., Komenda, A.: PSM-based planners description for CoDMAP 2015 competition. In: CoDMAP 2015 (2015)Google Scholar
- 21.Tožička, J., Jakubuv, J., Komenda, A., Pěchouček, M.: Privacy-concerned multiagent planning. Knowl. Inf. Syst. 48, 581–618 (2015). http://link.springer.com/10.1007/s10115-015-0887-7CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.Štolba, M., Komenda, A.: Relaxation heuristics for multiagent planning. In: 24th International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS), pp. 298–306 (2014)Google Scholar