Resource Allocation in OFDM-Based Cognitive Radios Under Proportional Rate Constraint
The objective of this paper is to optimize the power allocation to maximize the total rate of secondary users (SUs) under the SU total transmit power constraint and primary user (PU) interference temperature constraint, a proportional rate constraint is also used to assure that each SU can achieve fairness. The power allocation problem is not a convex optimization problem, which can be converted to a convex optimization problem without introducing auxiliary variables. To reduce the burden of information exchange and computational complexity, PU interference temperature constraint can be decoupled to an average interference constraint. The Lagrangian duality method is used to solve the optimal transmission power. Numerical results show that the proposed algorithm not only improves the rate fairness of each SU, but also guarantees the quality of service (QoS) of PU.
KeywordsCognitive radio Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) Resource allocation Proportional fairness Spectrum sharing
- 1.Aalamifar, F., Lampe, L.: Optimized WiMAX profile configuration for smart grid communications. In: IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, pp. 1–10 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Ghaboosi, K., Vemulapalli, M.G., Oates, N.J.: Duplexing in long term evolution (LTE) cellular networks (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Matheson, R.J.: Spectrum usage for the fixed services (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Falahati, A., Hosseini, E.: An iterative resource allocation algorithm for multi-user OFDM-CR system with low complexity. In: International Symposium on Telecommunications, pp. 725–728. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Wu, J., Yang, L.X., Liu, X.: Subcarrier and power allocation in OFDM based cognitive radio systems. In: Proceedings of the 2011 Fourth International Conference on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation (ICICTA), Shenzhen, China (2011)Google Scholar